Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 5/2 - 5/8)

I accidentally skipped another week of blogging our meal plan for the week, but we did have one. We actually had a pretty easy week of food last week because it was the end of the month and I was getting ready to restock our groceries for the week. The big highlights of the past two weeks were finally making the TikTok pasta and this shrimp scampi recipe. The zucchini I had were too small to make zoodles, so we had it over spaghetti, but I did saute the zucchini in with the shrimp and the sauce. Here are a few picture highlights of our meals last week.
We have been super busy these past few weeks and while it's stressful, I am loving being back in the swing of things. I need to find the balance between doing everything and still keeping up on stuff around the house. We had two very busy weeks and weekends and now I feel very far behind on everything, hence skipping the blog last week and being super late this week. I feel like I need to just figure out how to survive the last month of school and then reset again this summer and make a plan for the fall. For this week, and actually most of this month, I'm making meals that are either centered around the holidays we are celebrating or making everyone's favorite meals. I will be cooking most days until the end of May and then I will not really be cooking in June or July. After my surgery I have a bunch of friends and family bringing us meals. Then we'll just be eating whatever we have so empty the fridge and freezers before we hit the road for two weeks. I will also be pausing these blog posts after the last week in May.

Anyway, here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken and Garlic Cauliflower
Monday - Sausage & Peppers Omelette and English Muffins
Tuesday - (Bow) Tie Fighter Pasta for Star Wars Day
Wednesday - Tacos and Fajitas for Cinco de Mayo
Thursday - Leftovers for the boys, I'm going out to dinner with friends
Friday - Thai Chicken Salad and English Muffin Garlic Bread
Saturday - Schmidt's Food Truck to celebrate Mother's Day & Adrian's birthday

Water Flavor - Orange Mint - I finally remembered to buy some mint so it's spicing up my orange water. We are just about done with meals from the school, so once those oranges are gone, I'll be back to doing other flavors of water (although that probably won't happen before I stop these posts, ha!)

Baking - This week I'm making R2D2 sugar cookies from a package for Star Wars day. I'm also hoping to make these granola bars to have for breakfasts this week. I have lots of baking to do in the upcoming weeks so I didn't plan a lot this week. Plus we have Mother's Day and Adrian's birthday this weekend so we'll have lots of sweets from those.

No comments:

Post a Comment