Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/16 - 11/22)

Monday (11/16) We are back to our normal routine and schedule today for the only normal week of November. Adrian got up and moving and got AJ and Rocky started for the day before heading to work upstairs for the day. Then I got Daniel and Zak up and ready for their day as well. Everyone had a ton of Zoom calls all day and it was hard to keep everything straight, but we managed to do everything at the right time. The boys worked hard and got all of their schoolwork done as well and they were done for the day around 2:30. I worked around the house while they were working and got a ton of stuff done in between keeping up with their schedules.

This afternoon I headed to the Pataskala library to pick up free STEM kits for each boy and then ran a few errands. Then since today is "fast food day," I went to pick up dinner for everyone. Of course everyone wanted something different so I made a bunch of stops, but got just about everything that everyone wanted. Daniel missed out on a shake since McDonald's ice cream machine was down, again. When I got home, we all ate our fast food and then got ready for our evening. Adrian is working super late tonight so that required some juggling on my part, but I got it all worked out.

I headed out with AJ to the church to teach my Zumba class. We had a large group and all got a great working! AJ's Scout leader picked him up from the church to take him to his weekly meeting. When my class was over, I ran to Kroger to pick up my order and then back to pick up AJ from Scouts. When we got home, I took Rocky on a quick walk and got the boys ready for our night routine. We watched an episode of "Total Wipeout" together & then I got them to bed. Adrian was still work so I cleaned up the kitchen, made my snacks & watched "Real Housewives of Potomac" for a bit before also heading to bed. It was a crazy Monday & I'm hoping that the rest of the week calms down a little!

Tuesday (11/17) Since Adrian worked so late last night, he slept in this morning and I got AJ up and ready for school. Then after I woke Daniel up and got him started, I did all of Rocky's morning stuff and realized how hard it is to juggle all of this! Once I got everyone started on school things felt a little calmer, at least for a little bit. Adrian eventually got up, took Rocky for another walk and then started work for the day. The passed quickly with the boys doing school work and me working around the house. 

When the boys were done with school for the day, they got some video game time while I did a few more things around the house. Then they had haircut appointments which Adrian was supposed to take them to so I could run to Costco, but he got stuck working so I took them instead. They did great telling Kim what they wanted and they look great after their haircuts! I knew their hair was long but didn't realize how long it had actually gotten. We ran by the library to return a bunch of books on our way home, then I took Rocky on a quick walk and got started on dinner for everyone.

After we all had tacos for dinner, I sent the boys upstairs and called in for our monthly committee meeting for Scouts. We made some plans for upcoming events and reviewed where we are with requirements. When that meeting was over, I cleaned up a bit from dinner and then had the boys come down to get ready for family movie night. Today is "Little Mermaid" Day so we watched that for our movie tonight. I loved every second of it and sang along, unfortunately the boys were not impressed. They were thankful when it was over and they could go to bed, ha! Adrian was able to work downstairs and join us for the movie, then he and I used our new microwave air popper to make popcorn. We watched last week's episode of "Card Sharks" and then headed to bed since he was done "early" tonight. This is going to be a long week!

Wednesday (11/18) We got to sleep in a little today since no one has early Zoom calls today. I got Daniel and myself up and ready to wait for Patrick, McKenzie and Hailey to arrive. When they all got here, we worked on our school work and while there were some struggles, we did manage to finish everything fairly early. Daniel and Patrick were done especially early and enjoyed playing a few board games while the rest of the kids worked. After lunch, they were all released for some free time. I did crafts with Zak, McKenzie and Hailey to finish up one of Zak's Scout belt loops. We made Native American dream catchers and after a rough start for Zak, all three of them actually did a very nice job!! 

After the very rough morning/afternoon I sent the kids upstairs to play video games for a while and I took some time to myself downstairs. I caught my breath and then got a few things done around the house. The rest of the afternoon passed quickly and before long it was time for the other kids to get picked up and Melissa to drop off our food from the school for the week. After I got that organized, I made a quick dinner, then headed to the church to work for an hour. When I got home, Adrian was still working so he took a short break to walk with me and Rocky and then we got started on our evening routine. We watched an episode of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" with the boys and then got them to bed. Then we cleaned up a little and watched tonight's "The Goldburgs" before we also headed to bed for the night.

Thursday (11/19) We got up and moving on time again today, but just barely. We are all tired and ready for the weekend to rest! Adrian got AJ up and started on school then dropped Rocky off at daycare before coming home to start working. I got Daniel and Zak up and ready and then we waited for Cameron and Hailey to get here for the day. The kids spent the day doing their Zoom calls and schoolwork and all did a pretty good job of staying focused. We had a few struggles, but we managed to make it thru the day. While they did school work, I worked around the house and got some things crossed off my to do list. It was a late day for schoolwork since Zak had a late Zoom for his library class, but we made it work. When they were all done with school for the day, they played video games together until the parents came to pick them up for the day.

When everyone was picked up, I headed out to pick up Rocky from daycare while our dinner was cooking. When we got home, I ate a quick dinner and then headed to the church to teach my Zumba class. This may be the last one for a while since COVID cases are so high in my area, we may need to move to virtual classes for a few weeks. We had a fun time dancing together and laughed a lot as usual. When I got home, we took Rocky on a quick walk and then watched an episode of "Raising Dion" with the boys before they headed to bed for the night. Then Adrian and I cleaned up a little from the day and were both exhausted so we watched some TV and also headed to bed for the night.

Friday (11/20) We survived the week, but just barely. We all got up and moving on time and Adrian got AJ started on school before heading upstairs to work for the day. I got Daniel and Zak ready and we waited for Hailey and Cameron to get here. We had a rough day, really it's been a rough week. I'm hoping the short week and then 5 day break next week will help us all snap out of this funk! The kids did a good job of getting to all of their Zoom calls and finishing most of their school work today while I worked around the house. My boys have a few things left for homework this weekend so hopefully that won't be too big of a fight! When they were done with schoolwork, they had some video game time until the parents came to pick them up.

After everyone left, we cleaned up the kitchen a bit and then had dinner together before getting ready for our evening activities. Adrian led another Dungeons & Dragons game for AJ, Daniel, Braven and Cameron. They had a great time playing even though a few of them died in battle. While they were playing, I was up in our bedroom attending a Zumba jam session. I had so much fun dancing with the Tres Leches, 3 different jammers all teaching on song to us. The choreo is easy and fun, which is what both myself and my students want in our songs. I didn't have much room to dance, so I did what I could but I still learned all four songs so that's what's important. When we were all done, the boys had some free time to play video games with their friend Braven. After he was picked up, we took Rocky for a quick walk and then watched some comedies from our DVR before getting the boys down to bed and following soon after them. 

Saturday (11/21) Today we got to sleep in a little since some of our commitments were cancelled. Adrian and Zak got up and moving and headed to his bowling league. He bowled well again today and was over his average all three games. While they were gone, the rest of us got up and moving. AJ and Daniel started playing video games and I started working around the house. I spent most of the day catching up on stuff that I did not get done during the week. Adrian watched the OSU game which was a great game and ran out when it was over to get a haircut. The day passed quickly, almost too quickly for a weekend.

When Adrian got home, the 5 of us played Monopoly together to celebrate that holiday. Daniel and I played two games of Monopoly Empire and each won one. Adrian, AJ and Zak played Monopoly Gamer and AJ won since he teamed up with Zak to beat Adrian. When we were done playing, we all had dinner and then the boys went back to video games while Adrian and I played board games. We played "Castles of Burgundy" and Adrian finally won a game! We also played Targi again and I won again. We both really like that game and may get it for Christmas. We let the boys stay up until midnight again and we were going to watch something, but Adrian got sucked in to the Michigan football game so he watched that and I played online a little before we all headed to bed. 

Sunday (11/22) We slept in again this morning, but I had to get up a little earlier than I would have liked. I had a virtual Zumba training that started at 10am so I needed to make sure I was ready for that. I enjoyed attending "Take the Lead" today and loved learning from Jenna, but the training itself was not one of my favorites. I'm thankful I was able to fit it into my schedule and be able to take it for free from Zumba. While I was in the training, Adrian got the boys thru all of their homework and most of the housework. Unfortunately Daniel wasn't feeling well, his stomach was upset most of the day, so he spent a lot of the afternoon resting. 

When my training was over, Adrian and I ran out to drop my van off for service tomorrow and picked up the popcorn we sold for Scouts. Then we came home and finished up as much as we could around the house. We also watched both the Jets and Cowboys games since they were both shockingly close. The rest of the day passed quickly, almost too quickly for me since I had such a late start on my chores. After dinner and some video game time, it was time for our night routine. We watched the next episode of "Raising Dion" as a family and then got the boys to bed. Then Adrian and I watched this week's episode of "Superstore" before we also went to bed. It was a pretty great weekend and we are excited for a short week and Thanksgiving next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment