Sunday, October 20, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 20 - Oct 26)

After taking nearly a month off from meal planning, I'm back to it today!  Well I haven't actually taken any time off of meal planning, I just haven't had time to blog about what we are eating.  I have still planned all of our meals over the past month, mostly around the veggies we are still getting from our CSA.  Some weeks I didn't blog because the recipes weren't super exciting, it was just grilled meat and whatever veggies we had.  Some weeks were a lot of salads, sandwiches and leftovers because we have been running like crazy!

I also took advantage of a huge deal and did three meals from "Hello Fresh" two weeks ago.  We have used this service in the past on a deal and thought it was OK but expensive.  We thought the same thing after this time.  I only paid $24 for 3 meals for the two of us which wasn't too bad.  However, the meals are portioned for only two people so we had no leftovers for lunch and I still had to cook other food for the boys (not uncommon, but still something to consider).  The meals we picked were delicious, but they were also super high in calories.  My favorite was the baramundi fish from Australia, it was so good!  But it's nearly impossible to find that kind of fish here in OH so not sure when we'll be able to have it again.

I have been struggling to find my groove between working a lot and the boys being super busy.  There are a lot of nights when I don't have time to cook, or don't want to cook.  The mornings are jam packed so it's hard to set up a crock pot meal before work.  We are trying our best to eat healthy but it can be really hard.  This weekend wasn't nearly as busy as the past few weekends have been so I actually got some prep done (veggies cut for tomorrow, chicken cooked for salad, etc) and feel better going into this week than I have in a while.  I'm hoping this can continue!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas
Monday - Coconut Chicken Stew (recipe from my friend) - will go in the crock pot in the morning
Tuesday - Cabbage Salad with Ginger Shrimp
Wednesday - Thai Chicken Salad
Thursday - Asian Pork and String Beans
Friday - Green Chili Chicken
Saturday - Probably either leftovers or sandwiches.  Adrian will be camping so I'm not going to worry about cooking something just for me

Water Flavor - Strawberry Lime.  I have some leftover limes from the Hello Fresh meals so used those up in my water this week along with some frozen strawberries.

Overnight Oats - I took a few weeks off from these but I have been missing them so I'm back at it this week.  I ran out of almond milk so I only set up one batch this week, but I'll be back to doing them every week now.  I also noticed in my pantry that I have healthy rice krispy rolls so I'll be eating those for some of my breakfasts as well.

Use It Up - I used up some squash and black beans in today's dinner.  The rest of the meals are all planned around the veggies I have in the fridge that I need to use up.  I'm also focusing on cleaning out the deep freeze one shelf at a time and in the next two weeks I'll finish up the chicken shelf and then move on to pork.

Lunches - I'll mostly be having salads for lunch this week.  I have a lot of tomatoes and peppers from the CSA so I'll use those up in the salads for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment