Friday, October 11, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/4 - 10/10)

Friday (10/4) We all have today off and we all slept in!!  It felt glorious to not have to set an alarm or get up and moving right away.  We had a lazy morning of coffee, video games and relaxation.  After we rested for a bit, we had a quick lunch and headed out to Lynd's farm for the day.  We picked some apples first, the melrose apples were delicious!  Then we headed over to the corn maze.  The boys decided they wanted to lead us thru the maze this year without our help and they did great.  We found all of the etching posts in just under an hour and found our way out as well.  When we finished the maze, the kids enjoyed playing on the bounce houses, in the play zone, riding the barrel train and climbing the giant dirt hill.
We were at Lynd's longer than we expected since we were having such a great time.  When we got home, it was nearly dinner time so we got that together quickly since we were all hungry after the long day outside.  After dinner, Adrian and I got a few things done while the boys played video games.  Then I headed out to the Scout pack committee meeting for a few hours while they finished up a few things around the house and got ready for family movie night.  When I got home, we watched "Incredible Hulk" the second movie in the Avengers universe.  We all really enjoyed it, it was better than Adrian and I remembered.  After the movie, we got the boys to bed, watched a few comedies and then headed to bed as well.  It was an awesome family day!!

Saturday (10/5) Another day off and we got to sleep in a little today, although not as late as yesterday.  I had to get up and moving to head to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had a small but mighty class today and we had a great time!  Then I started my Bible study at church, I'm studying "How to Have a Mary Heart in a Martha World" with 5 other women from my church.  I am so excited to dig into this with these ladies!  While I was there, Adrian got a few things done with the boys and then they got ready to head out to the zoo for the afternoon.

When I got home, I grabbed a quick lunch and shower and then we all loaded up and headed to the zoo for the afternoon.  We had a blast for the few hours we were there!  We fed giraffes, saw both 4D movies, rode the dinosaur island ride and saw a ton of active animals.  We got a lot of walking in as well and we all laughed a lot!  We stayed until the zoo closed and then we headed home for the night.  We had a delicious dinner of grilled steak for the adults and leftover Marco's pizza for the kids and then the boys had a video game marathon while Adrian and I watched OSU win another football game!!  When the game was over, we got the boys down to bed and then we followed soon after.  Another great family day!!
Sunday (10/6) We all got to sleep in one more day!  I feel so rested heading into this upcoming week.  We had a relaxing morning and then headed to second service at our church.  When the service was over, Adrian headed out to deal with his cracked phone screen while I took the boys home.  We had a quick lunch and then go to work on stuff around the house.  I got the boys thru all of their homework and the cleaning they needed to do.  We also decided on Halloween costumes and events for all of us.  The day passed quickly with lots of work around the house, football (boo that the Jets & Cowboys both lost!) and video games for the boys.  We had leftovers for dinner to keep it easy and finished a bunch of stuff on our to do lists.  It wasn't a very fun day for us, but it was necessary and we all feel better heading into this busy week!

Monday (10/7) Back to our normal routine today after an awesome three day weekend!  We got up and moving on time, probably because we are all so well rested after the days off.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and then he headed to work.  I drove AJ and Daniel to school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing for the day.  I had a great day with my kindergarten class and the day passed very quickly!
After school, I came home and picked up Rocky to take her to her vet appointment.  She is doing great, growing on track, good behavior and got her next round of shots.  We came home after that and quickly finished up dinner and homework before moving on to our evening activities.  Adrian took Zak to soccer practice where he played great, probably because it's cooler weather.  Then he dropped Zak off at home and went to AJ's Scout meeting.  While he was doing that, I taught a giant Zumba class at the church.  We had so much fun dancing, laughing and getting a great workout.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for bed.  Then Adrian and I watched some of the Monday Night Football game before we headed to bed as well.  It was a pretty great Monday!!
Tuesday (10/8) We got up and moving on time today although it wasn't as hurried as usual since Adrian worked from home for the day.  He had someone come to fix his C-PAP machine, so he worked from home for the day.  He helped me get AJ on the bus and Daniel dropped off, then he started working while I got myself and Zak ready for the day.  I put Zak on the bus and then headed out to do the weekly grocery shopping.  I ran home quickly and dropped the groceries off and then headed to the Y to teach my two classes.  I had a great time with my small but mighty Aqua Zumba class and Silver Sneakers class.

After I finished teaching, I headed to the schools to pick up AJ and Daniel.  Then we came home and picked up Rocky and walked her up to meet the secretaries at school and pick up Zak.  We all came home and started getting ready for our night activities.  Adrian took Zak to bowling, where he struggled because his teammate wasn't there so he got tired quickly.  When he finished up, they came home and we all had a quick dinner.  Then Zak and I headed out to our Scout meeting where we used glitter to learn about germs spreading and Twizzlers to learn how to tie knots.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed.  Then Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house before watching two comedies and heading to bed.

Wednesday (10/9) We were back to our regular schedule today.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready for school and then headed to work.  I dropped both boys off at school since AJ had his baritone home and it's hard to take it on the bus.  Then I came home and got Zak and I ready to head into school for the day.  I subbed in a 4th grade class today and had a great day with the kids!  Then we all came home and after a short break got quickly thru homework and dinner.  I was getting Zak ready for soccer when he threw up so we decided to stay home for the night.  I think he just ate dinner too quickly because about 15 minutes later he was fine and asking for more food.  I got a bunch of stuff done around the house and then started the boys on their night routine.  We were surprised with another change of plans when Adrian came home from work super late but not as late as if he had gone to his Bible study as planned.  He helped me put the boys to bed, finish up a few things around the house and then we watched Survivor together and headed to bed for the night.

Thursday (10/10) Another pretty regular day for us.  We all got up on time and Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready for school.  We got AJ on the bus and then he headed to work for the day.  I dropped Daniel off at school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing again all day.  I had a rough day with the K class I was in, but I survived.  When we got home, Adrian texted that he thought he would be stuck at work so I quickly got the boys thru homework and dinner so we were ready for the night.  Then I headed out to teach my Zumba class at the school.  Just as I was leaving, Adrian texted he was on his way home so while I taught an awesome class, he and Daniel started decorating the house for Halloween.  When I got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed.  Then we watched some of the Giants/Patriots game, until it got out of hand.  We watched one of our comedies and headed to bed since we were both exhausted after long days at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment