Sunday, October 27, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 27 - Nov 2)

We did pretty good last week sticking to our meal plan even though there were some changes to our schedule.  We followed everything until Friday night when we all got home from work and school and were just exhausted.  I decided to just make pasta for everyone so we had something quick and easy that everyone would eat.  Adrian and AJ didn't end up going camping this weekend since the weather was horrible so I was going to make the chicken on Saturday night for all of us but we decided to be lazy and order dinner instead.  We enjoyed wraps from Piada and they were a really nice treat!!

This week is another busy one with lots of extra stuff because it's Halloween.  We have a few Halloween events this week that will require easy meals.  Plus I'm still working just about everyday so I don't have a lot of time to cook during the week.  And unfortunately I didn't get any meal prep done this weekend so that will make this week a little harder for me.  I did find this meal on sale at Aldi last week so we are going to try it in the slow cooker one day this week.
Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Ribs in the instant pot and Brussels Sprout Salad
Monday - Green Chili Chicken and Kale - carryover from last week
Tuesday - Pork Roast in the slow cooker
Wednesday - Tomatillo Drumsticks and whatever veggies I feel like making
Thursday - Jets pizza!  Our Halloween traditional meal
Friday - Apricot Chicken Thighs and whatever veggies I feel like making
Saturday - We're going out on a double date with friends for dinner and ax throwing so we'll just cook something quick for the boys.

Water Flavor - Mango.  It's my favorite and it's on sale right now so I'll probably grab one each week and use it for my water until they aren't on sale anymore.

Overnight Oats - It was great to get back to eating these last week.  I used a blueberry yogurt and it was so good.  This week I'll be using a few flavored yogurts as well to make them including a peanut butter crunch yogurt that I'm very excited about!

Use it Up - I am finishing up using all of the chicken that was in my deep freezer this week using both the drumsticks and thighs that I have down there.  Then I will move on to our pork shelf.  This is an easier way to clean out and restock the deep freeze for me.  This is also our last week of our CSA so we'll be using up all of the veggies we have from that over the next few weeks.  Not sure how I'll use them this week but I'm mostly focusing on the meats and then will decide on veggies each day.

Lunches - I totally forgot to think about this for the week!  I have a lot of lettuce so I'll probably just have salads this week.  I also have half a head of cabbage left so I may do a salad with that if I get really motivated, or have a day off this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment