Saturday, October 19, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/11 - 10/17)

Friday (10/11) We survived another week!!  We all got up and moving this morning on time.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready for school and then he headed into work.  I dropped them both off at school and came home to get myself and Zak ready.  My friend picked Zak up and took him to school early with her while I headed into the church to sub in the preschool for the morning.  I had a great morning there and then headed into West to sub for the afternoon in a 2nd grade class.  It was a great class and the day passed quickly.

When we all got home from school, we got a surprise and Adrian was here.  He was supposed to go to his board game group after work but we had the day wrong so there was no meeting tonight.  So he took the boys to the trampoline park for an hour since we had a Groupon we needed to use and the boys have been asking to go.  While they were playing, I got a bunch done around the house.  When they got home, Adrian got ready and headed out to meet some friends to play games for a few hours. The boys played video games and I worked on catching up around the house.  I let the boys stay up later since it's not a school night and they were being really good.  The night wasn't super exciting but it was super productive and exactly what we all needed after a busy week!!
Saturday (10/12) We slept in a little and then got up and moving for our day.  I headed out to church to teach my Zumba class and then go to my Bible study.  I am loving how I start my Saturday mornings!  While I was there, Adrian took Zak on a Cub Scout field trip to see the mounted police barn downtown.  Zak enjoyed learning about how to horses help to keep us safe, petting them all and seeing the barn cats.
We all met at home and had a quick lunch together before splitting up again.  I headed across town to go to another Zumba jam and it was epic!  I had so much dancing, learning and laughing with my ZIN friends and the awesome jammer that came today.  I can't wait to bring all 4 of the songs to my classes!  While I was having a sweaty fun time, Adrian and the boys did a few things around the house and then headed to my brother's house for the night.  I met them there and we had a great family night.  The kids played while the adults chatted.  We all enjoyed delicious food, pasta for the kids and chili for the adults.  We hung out for a while and then headed home since we were all pretty tired and it was getting late.  When we got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed.  Then Adrian and I watched some football and a few comedies before heading to bed as well.  It was a great Saturday!!
Sunday (10/13) We all slept in again today, although I still had to set an alarm to get up and moving.  I had to be at the Y early for my CPR re-certification course.  I was there for about 5 hours and passed both the written & practical tests and am certified for the next 2 years!  While I was there, Adrian and the boys worked around the house and ran a few errands, including picking up Halloween donuts and new Halloween decorations.  When we all got home, we finished as much as we could around the house since there was a lot to get done.  AJ went to Martial Arts tonight and had a great time there!  We finished up everything the boys needed to do and got them thru their night routine and down for the night.  After they were down, Adrian and I watched the Jets/Cowboys game together.  It sucks that we had to cheer against each other today, but thankfully it only happens once every four years.  It was a great game and I'm glad the Jets pulled out a win!! 

Monday (10/14) Happy Columbus Day!!  This is our favorite holiday of the year because Adrian has off and the kids still go to school.  I took the day off as well so we could have a date day.  Unfortunately, we still needed to get up early since we had to get the kids out to school this morning.  We slept in a little bit since AJ wasn't going to take the bus this morning, but still got up earlier than I would like on a day off.  We got the boys ready and I dropped AJ and Daniel off at school and then we got Zak on the bus.  We had a lazy start to the morning after that, enjoying some coffee at home and getting a few things done.

Then we headed out to Easton for the day.  We started at Trader Joe's and restocked on some of our favorite wines, then headed to Cooper's Hawk for a wine tasting and lunch to use up our loyalty reward.  After lunch, we walked around Easton a little bit doing some window shopping and dropped my wedding ring off for some maintenance.  We finished up with a stop at Jeni's for some ice cream before heading home for the day.  We were both exhausted so we took turns napping while the other person took care of the boys when they got home from school.
After we both got some rest, we got ready for our busy night.  We all had a quick dinner and then I headed out to the church for my Zumba class.  While I was there, Adrian fed the kids and got AJ ready for Scouts.  Then he headed out to puppy preschool with Rocky for the night.  Adrian's friend picked him up for Scouts and he had a great meeting getting ready for their upcoming camping trip.  I picked him up after Zumba and enjoyed putting faces to the names I've heard over the past few years.  When we all got home, we got thru the boys' night routine and got them down to bed.  Then Adrian and I did a few things around the house before watching two comedies and heading to bed.

Tuesday (10/15) Back to our normal routine today!  We got up and moving on time and AJ was up early enough to catch the bus to school.  Adrian left for work soon after him and then I drove Daniel to school.  I came back and got Zak and myself ready for the day and then got him on the bus before heading out to do some quick grocery shopping this morning.  After grabbing what I needed, I headed home to drop everything off and unpack the fridge and freezer stuff.  Then I headed to the Y to teach my Aqua Zumba class and my Silver Sneakers.  This is the last week of the session so it's the last week for these two classes.  I'll switch to Wednesdays next week.

After my classes, I headed to the schools to pick up all three boys and get ready for our busy night.  After I picked everyone up and figured out homework, I took Zak to bowling.  He bowled pretty well and had a great time, as always.  Then we headed to our Scout meeting where one of the local fire departments came to visit and teach us about fire safety.  While we were there, Adrian got the boys thru dinner and homework and finished putting away the groceries.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  Then we watched two comedies while having our snacks and headed to bed too.  We have a very early morning tomorrow!

Wednesday (10/16) We all had to get up and moving quickly today because our goal was to be out of the house by 7:15 to go on Daniel's field trip to Biztown.  We got up on time, but unfortunately everything went wrong from there.  AJ missed his bus so we had to drive him, which caused that trip to be longer.  It was raining so traffic was bad and Rocky would not go outside to go to the bathroom so she pooped in the house and we had to clean that up.  We finally were all out of the house by 7:30 and were only about 15 minutes late to Biztown so I'm calling it a win!
 Adrian and I spent the day volunteering while Daniel's class and 3 other 5th grade classes came to Biztown for the day.  Daniel was the CFO of Kroger and said his job was awesome.  I helped the kids in Donato's and Adrian helped the kids in ODW Delivery Services.  We all worked hard but had a great day!  It's such a neat concept for the kids to learn about the economy, way more creative than just being the classroom reading about it.  After we finished there for the day, we took Daniel home with us and moved on to our busy night.
I dropped Adrian and Daniel off at home and then headed to the school to sub for the last 2 hours of the day and then teach a Zumba class there.  It was a small group, but we had a blast and laughed the whole time.  While I was there, Adrian picked up Marco's pizza for dinner to support the school and then got everyone thru homework and dinner.  I came home and picked up Zak and headed out to practice in the cold and rainy weather while Adrian headed to his Bible study.  When we finally all got home, we finished up a few things around the house and then got the boys down to bed.  Everyone was really tired from the early start this morning!  Adrian and I watched "Survivor" and then we also headed to bed.

Thursday (10/17) Another normal day this week, although this week feels like it has been all over the place!  We all got up and moving, although we were all moving pretty slow.  AJ didn't feel like taking the bus so Adrian helped me get him and Daniel ready and then he headed into work.  I dropped them at school and then came back to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  We headed in to West together since I was subbing for the day.  I was bounced around a few times due to a scheduling error, but managed to have a pretty great day.  When the day was over, I headed home and quickly got the boys thru homework.  Then I made dinner for all of us and we ate together for a change.  Then I headed to the church to teach a super fun Zumba Toning class while Adrian took the boys to get haircuts.  When we all got home, we did our normal night routine, got the boys down to bed, watched two comedies and headed to bed too.  It has been an exhausting week and it's only Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment