Monday, September 16, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 15 - Sept 21)

I have no idea how, but I stuck to my meal plan last week!  We had a ridiculously busy and hard week and most nights I didn't feel like cooking.  But I knew I needed to stick to it and get it done, so I did.  I'm thankful a lot of the meals were easy and the one that was a little more complicated, I did on a day that I had a lot of time.  This week is slightly less busy, especially during the days.  I'm not scheduled to sub much at all this week so I'll be taking advantage of the free time to get some stuff done and make sure I'm cooking every night to stock some leftovers.

This week we add another thing to our already busy schedule.  Zak will be starting bowling on Tuesday nights.  He and I will go straight from bowling to Scouts most weeks so we'll be gone for like 4 hours each Tuesday.  He will be getting pizza at the bowling alley on those nights and I will be packing a salad for dinner.  Adrian and I are excited to try a few new salad combinations over the next few weeks.  I'm hoping to get a few more heads of lettuce from our CSA as well this fall.  I wonder if I can do a cold salad with all of the squash we've been getting.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Frozen appetizers (we're taking the day "off")
Monday - Kielbasa and Brussels Sprouts and corn on the cob
Tuesday - Tacos for the kids and Taco Salads for me and Adrian
Wednesday - Lasagna Pepper Boats
Thursday - Pasta for the kids and Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp for the adults
Friday - Sausage, Kale & Potato Soup
Saturday - Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob and Loaded Potato Salad

Water Flavor - Lemon Strawberry.  I have some lemons to use up so I'll use them for my water the next few weeks.  But straight lemons are too sour for me so I'll add some frozen strawberries to sweeten the water a little.

Overnight Oats - I'm taking a few weeks off from making these.  I still have protein powder to use and I also have some protein shakes to use.  I'm going to have those for breakfast instead so I can use them up.  I'll get back to oats in a few weeks.

Use it Up - We have a bunch of kale and potatoes and I'm trying to use those up this week.  I also have a few different kinds of squash that I got from the CSA.  While I would like to save them for the winter, I don't want to store them that long and take the chance they will go bad.  So I'll be using one each week for now.  I'm still working on cleaning out the deep freezer in the basement so most of the protein from this menu comes from there as well.

Lunches - I'll be having either leftovers or salads for lunches this week.  It's not a super exciting week for lunches, and I'll be home most of the days so I can cook whatever I have around here instead of having to pack each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment