Saturday, October 26, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/18 - 10/24)

Friday (10/18) This has been a weird week and today is another weird day.  AJ got to sleep in a little this morning because he is not going to school.  Adrian also opted to sleep in a little, but I got up at my normal time to have a little time to myself with my coffee and the Real Housewives.  We got Daniel up at normal time and Adrian helped me get him ready and then I dropped him off at school and Adrian headed to work.  Then I got Zak up and ready and my friend picked him up to take him to school for me so I could go sub this morning at Eastpointe preschool before finishing my day at West for the afternoon.

While we were all at work and school for the day, AJ headed out to celebrate his friend Landon's birthday.  Landon's parents picked AJ up and took them out for the day.  They had breakfast at Bob Evans (pancakes and bacon) then headed to COSI for the afternoon.  They did the space, ocean and dinosaur exhibits and played in both of the outside parks.  Then they were having so much fun together, they decided to go get dinner at Skyline Chili and then go see the second Maleficent movie that opened today.  AJ had so much fun and was gone for almost 12 hours on his own!  Landon's parents said he did great and was very polite and well behaved all day.

After school, it was just me, Daniel and Zak.  We did a few things around the house and had a quick snack before getting costumes on and heading out to a friend's church for their trunk or treat event.  We did a fun hayride in the field, then had dinner of hot dogs and chili.  Then the kids played gaga ball and in the bounce houses while the parents chatted.  We finished up the night with the kids getting tons of candy at the trunk or treat part.  It was a super fun and low key event and a perfect way to kick off our Halloween celebrations!
When we all got home, we were all worn out.  Adrian was at CABS for the night so it was just me and the boys.  I got them thru their night routine and down to bed.  While I was doing that, Adrian surprised us and came home earlier than he usually does.  He helped finish up bedtime and then watched the Buckeyes game.  I watched some but got bored since it was a blow out and headed to bed around halftime.  It was a super fun Friday, but I was exhausted!!

Saturday (10/19) Today started a little earlier than I wanted it to since I was so tired, but at least I got to sleep in a little, as did the boys.  I got up and ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had a fun, sweaty time dancing and chatting this morning!  While I was there, Adrian got Zak ready for his soccer game and took him there.  His team won again, although Zak didn't play very well.  He said his leg hurt and that he couldn't play but we think he was just being stubborn because he didn't want to be there.

When we all got home, we decided on what we were going to do for the day.  There were a ton of Halloween events going on so we had to pick and choose what we were going to do.  We decided to skip the afternoon ones to stay home and chill and then go to the drive in tonight for their Halloween event.  We spent the afternoon relaxing and getting a few things done around the house.  We all had dinner together and then got packed up to head to the drive in.  After waiting in a super long line, we finally got in and got our spot.  I took Daniel and Zak to do the trunk or treat and collect some candy while looking at the trunks.  Adrian and AJ set up our spot so we were ready to watch when we got back.  We stayed for both movies and watched "The Adams Family" and "Casper."  They were both cute movies and we enjoyed them, although we did get a little cold towards the end of the second one.  After the movies, we headed home and pretty much went straight to bed since it was so late.
Sunday (10/20) We all slept in a little since we were out late last night.  We had trouble getting moving since we were so tired and Adrian and I were both a little sore after sitting in the camp chairs for so long last night.  We decided to skip church and all of the Halloween activities today and have a relaxing day at home.  We got a bunch of stuff done to get ready for another busy week.  The boys finished all of their homework and got a lot of video game time.  They also helped us do a few things around the house, including officially finishing cleaning out the toy room and game closet.  Adrian and I watched a lot of football in between doing stuff around the house.  After we had dinner together, Adrian and AJ headed out to one of AJ's Scout friend's Eagle Scout ceremony.  They had a nice time celebrating that accomplishment and when they got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and in bed for the night.  Then we watched the Cowboys game before heading to bed too.  So glad they won big against the Eagles, hoping they will have a great season from here on out!

Monday (10/21) Back to the grind!  We all got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus before realizing his back was hurting too bad to go to work today.  He headed back to bed while I got Daniel ready and dropped off at school.  Then I came home and got Zak and myself ready for the day.  I tried to get him on the bus, but we somehow missed it so I dropped him off at school on my way to Eastpointe to sub in their preschool again.  After a fun morning with the preschoolers, I headed into West to sub in a 3rd grad class for the rest of the day.

The day passed quickly and before long we were all home for the day.  Adrian and I got them thru their homework and let them wait on dinner since Zak's soccer practice cancelled due to the weather today.  Adrian and I ate a delicious dinner and then I headed back to Eastpointe to teach my Zumba class.  We had a great class, the playlist was super fun tonight!  While I was at class, Adrian took AJ to Scouts where they started gun safety for their upcoming camping trip.  After we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house while watching some of the Jets game.  I got bored around halftime since we were losing so bad, so we watched a comedy from last week and then headed to bed for the night.

Tuesday (10/22) Another typical day for us.  We got up and moving on time but were moving a little slow so I drove AJ and Daniel to school this morning while Adrian headed into work.  Then I came home and got myself and Zak ready and we headed into school together for the day.  I subbed in kindergarten all day and had a really great day.  After school, we came home and quickly picked up AJ to head out to his med check with the pediatrician.  Adrian met us there and took Zak to bowling while I did the appointment with AJ.  Then we all met at home to have a quick dinner before I headed back out with Zak to his Scout meeting.  We had fun making slime and learning about mucus at the meeting and our Wolves completed two belt loops tonight.  When we got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed.  Then Adrian and I finished up a few things in the kitchen, watched two comedies and headed to bed too.
Wednesday (10/23) We got up and moving on time again today.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he left for work.  I dropped Daniel off at school and then came home and got Zak and myself ready for our day.  I dropped him off at school and then headed out to do the grocery shopping and teach my two classes at the Y.  I switched my day off from subbing to Wednesdays so I can teach Zumba Toning and Aqua Zumba at the Y today.  Both classes were great and I had an awesome time with the students!!  After class, I finally got to Costco to stock up on some things we've been running low on.  I finished up just in time to head back to the schools to pick up the boys after school today.

I dropped the boys all off at home and headed back into the school to teach my Zumba class there.  When that was over, I was exhausted and hungry so I headed home and made pasta for all of us for dinner.  Then I got the boys thru homework and had them help me put away all of the groceries I bought today.  Adrian came home from work, grabbed a quick dinner and then headed out to Rocky's last day of puppy preschool.  When he got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then we finished up a few things around the house and settled in to watch this week's "Survivor" before heading to bed.
Thursday (10/24) We got up and moving on time today and were actually a little early for everything this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus before he headed out to work for the day.  I dropped Daniel off at school and came home to get Zak ready for the day.  I dropped him off at school and then enjoyed a rare day off from subbing.  I finished up the grocery shopping for the week and then came home and finished a ton of stuff around the house.  I stay focused and got a ton of stuff done and before I knew it, it was time for the bus to drop AJ and Daniel off and then for me to walk up to pick up Zak.

We quickly got thru homework and dinner and then the boys had video game time while I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had a fun class and we got a great workout doing Zumba Toning.  Adrian got stuck at work late and got home at the same time that I did after Zumba.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and in bed for the night.  Then we did a few things around the house and watched a little of the football game before we also headed to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment