Monday, November 26, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 18 - Dec 1)

My last meal plan was two weeks ago.  I went back and forth last weekend whether I should write the post or not but then I honestly ran out of time and I didn't write it.  These two weeks are weird with the Thanksgiving holiday right in the middle.  Last week we mostly had leftovers to clean out the fridge to make room for all of the Thanksgiving food.  This week we are again mostly eating leftovers because we have so much food left over.

But I did make a lot of great dishes for Thanksgiving that I kind of wanted to share.  And we had my brother's family over for his birthday on Saturday so I cooked a lot again that day.  And this week I'm hosting my life group on Monday, making a delicious soup with my leftover turkey and possibly cooking a few other meals towards the end of the week.  We have multiple things going on this week so I'm trying to make easy meals with what I have on hand so I don't need to worry too much about cooking or shopping.  I'm hoping to get back to my normal planning and cooking schedule next week but honestly the whole next month is pretty crazy so we'll see what happens.

This meal plan will look a little different as I'm basically just sharing my recipes from the past two weeks.  Hopefully they will help someone who is looking for different sides for the upcoming holidays or even starting to think about next Thanksgiving.  I'm also using this to save my recipes for next year so I don't have to start all over again.  Hope you all enjoy this list of recipes!!

Thanksgiving Dinners:
Instant Pot Mac & Cheese for the youth group Thanksgiving
M&M Cookies for the youth group Thanksgiving - I used the recipe on the back on the Toll House chocolate chip bag & also added a bag of mini M&M's
Brussels Sprout Salad for my life group Thanksgiving
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Casserole
Sausage Stuffing
Instant Pot Applesauce
Oreo Ice Cream Cake - with ice cream sandwiches, Oreo Cool Whip & Crushed cookies
Cheesecake - I omitted the cherries
 
This Week:
Peanut Butter Cake for my brother's birthday
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Homemade Pizza - can't share this recipe but we made cheese, pepperoni/sausage, sausage/peppers & a white pizza with ricotta and zucchini - so good!!
Mexican Layer Dip - a layer of each - refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, fajita seasoning, cheddar cheese, tomatoes & olives
White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Beef Chili - I can't find this online but I combine 2 cans of pinto beans, 2 cans of kidney beans, 1 lb of ground beef, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 pepper, 3 tbsp of chili powder, 1 tbsp of cumin, 1/3 cup of broth, 1.5 cups of corn & 1.5 cups on BBQ sauce in the slow cooker for about 6 hours on low.  It's delicious!!
Turkey Noodle Soup
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Beef and Spinach Rice Bowls - because I have a bag of spinach I have to use up
I think that's all I'll be cooking this week but we'll see how far that gets me.  We have some other vegetables that we may need to use up so if we need another meal, I'll be figuring out something to make with those.  We also have a bunch of stuffing left over so I may be cooking some kind of meat to eat with the stuffing as a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment