Saturday, November 24, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/16 - 11/22)

Friday (11/16) We reached the end of another long week!  We woke up to a snow covering, but nothing on the roads so school was on as scheduled today.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got ready to head into school with the other boys for a full day of subbing.  I had a great day with an awesome second grade class including celebrating a birthday.  When school was over, I met up with Daniel and Zak and we headed home for the weekend.  The boys had some free time while I tried to gain control of the house.  Then we enjoyed tacos for dinner before heading out to Zak's wrestling practice.  Adrian was out at a board game event so it was just me and the 3 boys.  After practice, we stopped at Target for a birthday present for a party Daniel is going to tomorrow, then came home and started our nighttime routine.  After I got them down to bed, I finished getting the house under control and then settled in with some snacks and some Housewives before heading to bed.  I am exhausted after a long week!!
Saturday (11/17) Today started earlier than I wanted it to when my alarm went off but I had to get up and get the very busy day started.  I got ready and headed to church for my Zumba class, where I had a big crowd and we had a great time!  While I was there, Adrian got AJ ready for basketball pictures and brought him to the church for those.  I ran home and got a quick shower and got Zak ready to head out to Easton for his Cub Scout fundraiser.  We had a fun time selling candy bars with a few other boys from the pack and they did a great job!  The boys were so cute people were all sucked right in to buying the candy from them.
Our hour passed quickly and before we knew it, it was time to head to our next stop.  We met Adrian, AJ and Daniel at Math Plus for their Fortnight themed escape room.  While the boys were there, Adrian and I ran down the street for a quick lunch date at MOD pizza.  We really liked the pizza, and we are both pretty picky about our pizza.  We had fun designing our own pizza and then eating it!  The boys had fun at the escape room finishing it with 13 minutes remaining.  Adrian took Daniel from there to a birthday party while I took the other two and finally went home for the day.
Daniel had a great time at the birthday party and can't wait to go back over for a play date with this friend.  When we were all finally home, we were exhausted.  Adrian and I did a few things around the house while the boys played video games.  We finished up our plan for this week and Adrian watched the really close Buckeyes game.  We had a pretty laid back night and it was really nice after a full day.  After the boys went to bed, we finished up the night with some ice cream and some comedies from our DVR.

Sunday (11/18) I had a rough night of sleep since Zak came in around 4am and kicked me out of my bed and into his bed.  But thankfully we didn't have anything early today so I slept in a little and then had a lazy start to my morning.  I make bacon & egg sandwiches for breakfast before we headed out to second service at church.  It was a great service and we happily made our 3 year commitment to our church's capital campaign.  Now we have been challenged to take $10 of church money and multiply it towards the capital campaign.
When we got home from church, we got started on a few things around our the house.  Then Adrian took Zak out to get new shoes and a few small things we needed.  The afternoon passed quickly and soon it was time for the boys to head to Martial Arts.  Adrian took them and I got my food ready for Thanksgiving number 1 tonight.  I met AJ at the church where the youth group celebrated with the "Senior Saints" with delicious food, fun games and interesting conversations.  It was a great kick off to our Thanksgiving week.  When we got home, we did the boys' night time routine and got them down to bed.  Then Adrian and I finished up a few things, watched a comedy and headed to bed.  It's a short week but it's going to be a busy start!
Monday (11/19) We all got up and moving on time today for day one of a two day work week.  Adrian drove AJ to school and I got everyone else ready and out the door to school.  I subbed all day so I went in with Daniel and Zak.  I had a fairly easy day with a great 4th grade class and the day flew by.  After school was over, we headed home to get ready for our night.  Zak was supposed to have wrestling practice, but it cancelled last minute which made our night much easier.  I took Zak and Daniel and headed to my small group where we celebrated Thanksgiving together.  The food was great and we enjoyed some fun conversations.  Adrian took AJ to Scouts where he learned about camping in the winter.  When we all got home, Adrian had to log on to work so I got the boys in bed, finished up a few things and then headed to bed too.  Only one more day and then we have a long weekend!!

Tuesday (11/20) Last day of school for the week!  Since Adrian worked until 4 in the morning, I got up early and took AJ to school.  It messed up my morning routine a little, but I made it work.  After I dropped Daniel and Zak at school, I headed to Harcum to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  We all got great workouts before the holiday and had some good laughs.  The good news about Adrian working so late last night is that he only had to work a few hours today which he was able to do from home so he was able to do school pick ups this afternoon and I got to go finish all of my errands and grocery shopping.  I went to all four grocery stores, Krispy Kreme, Walmart and the bank and got home just in time for dinner.

When I got home, we quickly unloaded the car and put the stuff away.  Then we had a quick dinner and headed out to the movies to see "Ralph Breaks the Internet."  We all loved the movie!!  It was funny, for both kids & adults, well written, fast paced and had a great ending.  We love the Tuesday deals at Marcus, $5 movie and free popcorn, and will definitely be back for that soon.  When we got home, we got the boys ready for bed and Adrian went to bed as well since he was down sleep from the night before.  I stayed up and watched TV for a bit and then went to bed too since I was exhausted from a long day.  Happy to have very little to do the next few days!
Wednesday (11/21) First day of Thanksgiving break!  We all slept in a little this morning and then had a relaxing morning of coffee and donuts.  When we finished breakfast, we got ready and headed downtown to COSI for a few hours for AJ's pick of this week.  We went to the two special exhibits (Hot Wheels & Poison) and then checked out the dinosaurs.  It was a great few hours, we had fun and learned a few things too.  When we were done, we headed home and the boys played video games while Adrian and I did a few things around the house.  We also played Coconuts and a new game called Carcassonne.
 
We had a quick dinner of leftovers to make room in the fridge for tomorrow's feast.  Then we moved on to Zak's pick of the week, a family video game night.  We played Roblox together as a family, playing a few of the mini games like Meme Tycoon & Weight Lifting Simulator.  It seemed ridiculous to me and I was not very upset when my tablet ran out of battery and I had to quit.  But the boys had a blast and that was the point of the night.  When everyone was done, we watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving together and then the boys headed to bed.  They are having a sleepover in the same room tonight.  When we got them settled, Adrian and I did all of the prep and most of the clean up for tomorrow.  Then we rested with a little wine and "Survivor" before heading to bed.


Thursday (11/22) Happy Thanksgiving!!  We were on our own this year so we decided to switch things up and do the holiday a little different this year.  We started by doing Daniel's pick for the week of having Grinch pancakes at IHOP for breakfast and then going to see the new Grinch movie.  We all enjoyed the breakfast, the pancakes are delicious!  The movie was OK, probably unnecessary but still a fun holiday film.  The boys really liked it, more than Adrian and I did.
After the movie, we came home for some relaxing, food and football.  Adrian and I watched the end of the Lions game while the boys played.  Then we all watched the parade together before watching the Cowboys game and enjoying a nice, if slightly smaller than usual, Thanksgiving dinner.  The boys did a nice job trying a few new things and everyone ate turkey without fighting.  After dinner, the boys played while we watched the end of the game and cleaned up from dinner.  We all enjoyed ice cream cake and cheesecake for dessert and then the boys headed to bed.  Adrian and I made our Christmas lists & discussed what we're buying for the boys so we were ready for the sales this weekend before heading to bed as well since it was a long day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment