Friday, November 9, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/2 - 11/8)

Friday (11/2) Today was almost as hard to get up and moving as yesterday except since it's Friday we're all excited for the weekend.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got everyone else ready.  We all headed into school together since I was subbing in Zak's class for the day.  I was a little nervous being with him all day but we had a great day together!  He is so much better behaved in school than he is at home.  I joked that I'm going to make him call me Mrs Jones at home and see if he behaves better.  While I was in school, I was lucky enough to have a break during Daniel's 1st quarter assembly.  He received awards for perfect attendance and straight A's and was SO excited to see me in the audience during the assembly.  It was a great day at school for us!
We got home and had some time to ourselves since AJ was at the after school dance party at his school.  He earned the right to go by having good behavior for the quarter and earning straight A's.  I picked him up when it was over and he told me he had a great time!!  He played with two friends, ate pizza and snacks and played a little bit of basketball.  We are so proud of how well he is doing in his first year of middle school!!
 
After we all got home, we had a quick dinner and then got ready for the night.  Adrian and I had a date night going out to see "Aladdin" the musical.  The boys had a great time staying home and playing games with their sitter.  Adrian and I loved the play - it was great!!  It was funny, followed the movie with just enough extras to make it interesting, the sets were amazing, the cast was great and Genie was hilarious!  I didn't think it would be that good, especially since the movie is one of my favorites, but it surpassed my expectations for sure.  And it was great to have some time alone with Adrian, it has been way too long.  When we got home, thankfully the boys were asleep.  I drove the sitter home, we watched a few comedies and then headed to bed too.
Saturday (11/3) Everyone was up early this morning, not sure why they didn't sleep in this weekend.  The boys started playing and I got ready to head to the church to teach Zumba.  We had a small but mighty class this morning and got a great workout.  After class I came home, got a quick shower, set up dinner and packed up lunch and snacks before heading back out to the church to work as a facility rep for the afternoon.  I got a lot done while I was there while the boys stayed home and got a few things done and watched the OSU game.  When I got home, we had dinner with my in-laws since they are leaving for Florida this week.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner and spending time together.  When they left, we got the boys down for the night hoping they will get an extra hour of sleep tonight.  Adrian and I watched a few comedies and then I was ready for bed so I headed up.  He stayed up to watch a few of the football games and then headed up later.  It wasn't a super exciting day but we needed a down day after all that has been going on.

Sunday (11/4) No extra hour of sleep for us, more like an extra hour of work.  The boys were up right around 7 as usual and Adrian and I got up around then too.  We had breakfast together, played a few games and got ready to head to second service at church.  We all enjoyed service and then came home and had lunch together and got a few things done, including finishing up homework for the weekend.  I worked around the house while watching the Jets lose again.  Adrian took Daniel to another classmate's birthday party where he had a great time playing mini golf at Glow Putt.

We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning and getting stuff done around the house.  When Daniel got home, Adrian and I fed the boys dinner and then headed out to the church for a date night.  We watched the "Fight Night" workshop with a bunch of other couples from church and it was great.  We laughed, learned and ate dinner together.  It was a fun date night and I hope Adrian and I will remember some of the concepts next time we fight.  When we got home, it was late and felt even later because of the time change.  We got the boys to bed, watched one comedy and headed to bed too.  It was a productive weekend even though it wasn't the most fun one we've ever had.  Sometimes you need that.
Monday (11/5) We're all so tired and no one wanted to get up this morning - I hate the time change!!  But we managed to drag ourselves out of bed and get moving . Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work.  I got the other boys ready and dropped them off and then had a free day so I came home and worked around the house for the day.  Later I got called in to school for an emergency sub job and I was glad I was able to help out.

After we all got home from school, I quickly got everyone thru homework and dinner and ready for a busy night.  I took AJ and Zak to Central for new to them activities.  AJ went to an informational meeting about Model UN and applied to be a member of the club.  He is very excited to participate in the club and compete in the state wide competition downtown in March.  Zak started wrestling practice for our youth wrestling program and he loved it!  We knew this would be a good fit for him.  I dropped Zak off and then went to the meeting with AJ.  Adrian picked up Zak and then dropped him & Daniel off to me and picked up AJ to go to his Scout meeting for the night.  Sometimes I'm amazed at the juggling we do!!  After all of the meetings were over for the night, we went home and had a little later night for the boys since they are off tomorrow.  When we got them to bed, Adrian and I watched the Cowboys game and then headed to bed too, excited for a little bit more sleep tonight!  
Tuesday (11/6) The boys got a day off from school for Election Day so we all slept in a little and had a more relaxing morning.  Adrian headed to work early and I got ready to head to the Harcum Center.  I took Daniel with me and taught my two morning classes, I had a sub for my afternoon class since the boys are off.  I had two great classes and then Daniel and I headed to vote.  There were no lines and we were in and out quickly.  Daniel helped me make my choices and pushed the button to submit my ballot.
After that, we ran home and had a quick lunch and picked up AJ and Zak.  The four of us headed out for the surprise that Adrian and I had planned for the afternoon.  We took the kids to the new Legoland Discovery Center at Easton and we had a blast!  We spent the afternoon riding the rides, watching two different 4D movies, building with legos and playing in the play area.  Adrian and I got tired quickly but the boys were going strong and loving it so we stuck it out.  We were there much later than we expected which caused Zak and I to miss Scouts that night but I think it was well worth it.  When we finally got the boys out, we stopped quickly at Cheryl's Cookies to pick up their free cookies and then headed home for dinner.  We had a nice relaxing dinner, finished up some homework and did our normal nighttime routine.  The boys headed to bed at their normal time since it's back to school tomorrow and Adrian and I watched a comedy before heading up as well.  Great family day!!
 
 

 
Wednesday (11/7) We were back to our normal routine today, sort of.  I am subbing at the preschool at our church today and Friday so Adrian dropped AJ off at work and then came back to help get Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off to school so I could get to work on time.  I enjoyed working at the preschool this morning, it is fun to see all of the little kids.  After I finished there, I did some grocery shopping, then headed into West to sub for one of the teachers there for a few hours at the end of the day.  It was a fairly easy day for me and I enjoyed both of my assignments.

After we all got home from school, we were all exhausted and decided to just relax for the night.  The boys played video games, finished homework and put together their souvenirs from Legoland yesterday.  I got a few things done around the house and relaxed.  We had an easy dinner of leftovers and it was an early bedtime for the boys.  Adrian went to his board game club tonight so I was on my own with the boys.  After I got them to bed, I finished up a few things and headed to bed too.  This Wednesday felt like a Monday!  I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow!

Thursday (11/8) After a solid night of sleep, we all woke up feeling a little better than we have all week.  We're still a little off and I'm looking forward to the weekend to hopefully rest up and reset.  Adrian took AJ to school and headed to work and I dropped the other boys off and headed to the Harcum Center to teach my classes.  We had a great time in all three classes and got a really good workout too.  My students messed with me and gave me heavier weights than I normally use.  I decided to accept their challenge and do the class with them.  I did well but I can feel that I'm a little sore.  After classes, I ran a few quick errands and then picked up all three boys from school.  AJ started Model UN today so he stays after school every Thursday for the club meetings.

After we all got home, we got quickly thru homework to get ready for our busy night.  I had a plan for dinner but Daniel begged for meatball subs and since I had everything ready to make them this weekend, I switched stuff around and made them.  After dinner, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had a great time and I had some new people who will hopefully become regulars.  While I was at class, Adrian got the other boys ready and headed to the church for AJ's first basketball game.  He played pretty good, including making a basket at halftime to help his team out, but they lost to a very tough team.  When we all finally got home, we got the boys snacks and then got them to bed.  Adrian and I did a few things but were really tired so decided to sit down together, have a snack and watch "Survivor" before heading to bed for the night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment