Sunday, November 4, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/26 - 11/1)

Friday (10/26) We survived another crazy week!!  We all got up on time this morning but Adrian's back was really bothering him so he decided to take the day off and finally go to the doctor.  He drove AJ to school so I could get myself and the other boys ready for the day.  I dropped them off at school and then headed out to do some errands, including getting my oil changed in the van.  Then I went and subbed a yoga class before heading home to pick everyone up from school.  Adrian came home from the doctor with a plan of action for his back so hopefully he will start feeling better soon.

After everyone was home, the boys had some free time to play video games before Zak and I had a quick dinner and got ready to head to his final soccer game of the season.  It was super cold and rainy at the soccer field but Zak played his best game of the season and his team won big!  Zak even scored his first goal!!  He was super excited and had a great time playing.  When the game was over, the team got their medals for the season and then we all headed home to warm up!  The boys played for a bit and then we got them down to bed for the night.  Adrian and I watched a few comedies and headed to bed as well.  It has been a very fun but very long week!
Saturday (10/27) The day started earlier than I wanted it to since I was the only one who had to get up and moving this morning.  I got up and got ready and headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class.  It was a small class this morning but we had a lot of fun!  While I was at class Adrian continued to rest his back and he helped the boys get dressed so they were ready to go when I got home.  After a quick shower and lunch, the boys and I headed to downtown Gahanna for their annual Creepside event.  Even though it was raining, we had a great time walking around getting candy, seeing a few friends and enjoying the other costumes.  By the end though we got very cold and wet so we finished up quickly and headed home to get warm!
After we finally warmed up, we reevaluated our plans for the night and decided that we have had enough of the cold, wet weather so we were going to stay home.  The boys played some video games and got some of their homework done while I worked around the house.  Then we decided to paint our pumpkins.  The boys had a great time and were super creative with their pumpkins!  After we cleaned up from that, we had dinner, played more video games and worked around the house some more.  We let the boys stay up a little bit later but eventually got them down for the night.  Then Adrian and I watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  It was weird not having an OSU game to watch today since they have a bye.  Normally so much of our Saturday is taken up by football, today we seemed to have so much extra time, ha! 
 
Sunday (10/28) We all slept in a little today and then had a slow morning that included me making everyone chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.  Adrian's back was still bothering him so we decided to have a laid back day.  I took the boys and went to the second service at church while he stayed home and rested.  When we came home, we got the boys thru all of their homework and chores around the house and then they played video games while we worked and watched the Jets.  Later in the afternoon, Daniel had a birthday party for one of his friend's from school so I drove him and his friend Patrick up to the party at Magic Mountain.
When I came home, Adrian left with Zak to go to Martial Arts and then I left with AJ to go to One8ty.  When we all finally got home we talked about how we all had a great night.  Daniel had a fun time playing laser tag, running around the play area, playing video games and eating cake and pizza with his friends at the party.  Zak did a great job practicing take downs at Martial Arts.  And AJ and I had fun playing games, learning about surrender & eating tacos for dinner at One8ty.  It was a great night all around!!  The boys watched a show and then headed to bed and Adrian and I finished watching the Jets game and then headed to bed too.

Monday (10/29) Back to our regular schedule today!  Adrian's back is feeling a little better so he is heading to work.  I'm hoping this is finally behind us!  He took AJ to school and then headed into work.  The other boys were up super early and played for a while at home before I took them to school.  Today kicked off Red Ribbon week for Zak and Daniel and they were supposed to wear red today and Zak really took pride in his all red outfit today.  After I dropped them off, I came home to finish up all of the stuff I didn't get to this weekend.  Later in the morning I went to Harcum to sub a chair yoga class for my friend and then made a quick stop at Meijer to pick up stuff to make dessert for my life group tonight.
When I got home, I continued working around the house until it was time to get everyone from school.  Even though it was a little cold, I walked up to pick up the boys to avoid the pick up line.  Then we got home and quickly got thru homework so we were ready for our night activities.  I took Daniel and Zak to life group with me where we enjoyed good food and even better conversations.  Adrian took AJ to Boy Scouts where they started their gun safety lessons in preparation for their upcoming camping trip.  When we all got home, the boys had a snack, watched a show and went to bed.  Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house, watched two comedies and went to bed too.  His back hurt a little after the day but hopefully keeping up with the doctor's suggestions will help less the pain.

Tuesday (10/30) We all got up and moving on time again today.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work and I got the other boys ready and dropped them off at school.  Then I headed out to the Harcum and taught my three Silver Sneakers classes and ran a few errands in between classes.  When class was done, I headed into school to practice sight words with Zak's class.  It's so fun how excited they get to see me and practice their words with me.  After school, we came home and picked up AJ and headed to his med check at the pediatrician.  He's doing great, growing on track and we'll continue doing what we are doing.

After the appointment, we came home and met up with Adrian after work.  He took Daniel and they headed to Donato's for the end of season soccer party.  They had a fun time eating pizza and bread sticks and Daniel got a very nice certificate.  While they were there, I made tacos for the other boys and then got ready to head to Cub Scouts with Zak.  It was a pack meeting so we heard a little about being mayor from the mayor of Pataskala and then we had the Bobcat ceremony for the Scouts who earned that, including Zak.  All three boys now have their Bobcat but this is the first ceremony I have done.  I enjoyed hearing about it and putting the paint on Zak and even having him put some on me.  After the meeting, we headed home and got the boys ready for bed.  Then Adrian and I watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.
 
Wednesday (10/31) Happy Halloween!!  We got up and got everyone ready for school.  Adrian dropped of AJ and headed to work and I got the other boys ready, dropped them off and then headed out to run some errands.  There weren't any sub requests so I took the day to get a bunch of stuff done on my to do list.  After running a few errands, I came home and focused on stuff around the house.  The day passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time to pick everyone up.  We got our costumes on and headed out to get haircuts and our free donuts from Krispy Kreme.  Unfortunately there was a very long wait for the haircuts so we opted to postpone that and go pick up pizza for dinner and head home.

After a quick dinner, we bundled up for trick or treat.  The forecast wasn't great for tonight, but right at 6:00 the boys' friends arrived, it wasn't raining so we ran and started trick or treating.  We made it about an hour before the rain started.  AJ and their friend Zachary were done so they headed back to the house.  I stayed with Daniel, Zak and their friend David to keep trick or treating.  We made it the full two hours despite the rain and the boys were rewarded for their persistence with tons of candy from the people who were still passing it out.  We finally got home, got out of our wet clothes and rested for a bit.  I was exhausted after walking around for two hours but it was worth it to see how happy the kids were.  We got the boys down to bed and Adrian was really tired too so he went to bed early.  I stayed up and watched some TV before heading to bed too.  It was a fun but tiring day!!
Thursday (11/1) It was a bit of a struggle to get up and moving today after last night but we made it.  Adrian drove AJ to school and I got the rest of us ready and out the door.  I dropped the boys off at school and then headed to Harcum to teach my three classes.  My students were all a little off today, I guess they were also affected by the Halloween fun.  After all three classes, I headed to West to sub for a friend who just needed a quarter day and it worked out OK for me to get there a little late.  Those kids were also a little off, I know that was because of Halloween!
When school was over, we had a redo of yesterday and came home to pick up AJ and head out for haircuts.  Except today we were successful and all three boys got haircuts and look amazing!  After we were done there, we headed home and had a quick pasta dinner while also getting thru our homework.  Then we split up for another busy night.  I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class and the boys stayed home for a bit before meeting me at the church for AJ's basketball scrimmage.  He played well and had an assist in the game.  After all of that, we headed home and got the boys down for the night.  Adrian and I spent a little time pulling the house back together before watching "Survivor" and then heading to bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment