Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 4 - Nov 10)

I'm back - Did you miss me?  I took an unplanned week off last week from both menu planning and mostly from cooking.  We kind of hit the wall over here.  Things were super busy wrapping up soccer, celebrating Halloween and keeping up with our normal life.  On top of all of that, Adrian hurt his back again so he wasn't able to help out much at all.  So as I looked at all of that we decided to just have easy meals last week and reset on our healthy eating starting last Thursday, November 1st.  We've been doing pretty good sticking to eating well but are still behind on stuff around the house which is why this post is so late.

Adrian and I decided both of us don't want to waste the last two months of the year like we usually do when it comes to our weight loss journey.  So we set up a plan to eat healthy from Nov 1-21 and then take the long weekend off for Thanksgiving.  Then get back to it from Nov 26-Dec 21 and then take a week or so off for Christmas.  I'm hoping with these built in "cheat times" we will stick to our plan better.  I will continue to try to vary what we eat each week, having one pork, beef, chicken and fish/seafood dish each week.  I will also continue to have one leftover day because we always have so many leftovers and if I'm being honest it's nice to have a day off once in a while.

This week is super busy as we start some new things for everyone.  AJ is starting Model UN at school and a new Martial Arts program.  Zak is starting wrestling.  And AJ and Adrian are going camping this weekend.  So there is a lot on our schedule but we are determined to make it work!  The boys also have today (Tuesday) off from school for election day, but not off from any of their activities.  It's often amazing to me that I can remember when/where we are all supposed to be, ha!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Out to eat at a church event
Monday - Stuffed Peppers
Tuesday - Pulled Pork over cauliflower rice
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Italian Chicken Thighs and Veggies
Friday - Pasta - we need a quick meal for everyone to eat before AJ & Adrian head out camping and the rest of us head to wrestling
Saturday - Leftovers since it will just be me, Daniel & Zak

Water Flavor - Strawberry Orange to finish up both of those things in the fridge

Overnight Oats - I set up a bunch of oats this week since we are both back to eating them every morning.  I used mixed berry, blackberry & caramel turtle yogurt to flavor the oats this week and use up some yogurts that I had in the fridge.

Use It Up - I ended up with a lot of veggies that I needed to use up so I'm doing that this week.  I used up all of my peppers last night, will use cauliflower tonight for the rice & have broccoli that I will make as a side with the pasta to keep the calories down for me and Adrian.  Other than that I'm not really paying attention to what we have and really need to get back to focusing on this goal!

Lunches - My lunches are all over the place this week.  I have lettuce that I need to use up so there will be some salads.  I have turkey to use up so there will be some sandwiches.  And I have lots of leftovers so I may have those too.  It will be a hodge podge for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment