Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 in Review

I can not believe another year is almost over.  I've been looking back on this year & I think for our family the best way to sum up the year would be change.

The biggest change that happened this year was on Feb 8 when we became a family of 5.  Zachary Christopher joined us that morning at a whooping 10lbs 5 oz.  It was love at first site for the 4 of us existing Jones family members & we have been falling more in love every day.  He is such an amazing addition to our family & he completes the Jones Family of 5.



Me & Zak in the recovery room together


Another big change that happened this year was that AJ started Kindergarten and Daniel started preschool.  We have had to make adjustments a few times with this new schedule, but I think we finally found our groove...just in time for Christmas break to mess it up!  ;)  Both boys are doing really well in school & I couldn't be prouder of them. 

Our extended family also grew this year as we added my newest niece Isabelle in Feb and then my brother Carl married his long time girlfriend Sarah in Oct.  I was also thrilled when Sarah got a job here in Ohio & they moved to Gahanna this summer.  It has been SO long since I've had family this close by & I'm loving it.
Latacz family - 2012
We were lucky enough to take two big trips this year:  we went to NJ for spring break in March & then to Disney World in Sept.  We really enjoyed both trips!  We're hoping for repeat trips in 2013 (more on that in the goals blog coming soon.)  We also had lots of family visit us this year.  My uncle & cousins made their annual trip out here in August.  My parents visited 3 different times.  My brother Jon & his family came in Oct for the wedding as did my grandparents.  I feel very blessed that my boys got to spend so much time with their extended family this year.

Like every family we had trials & sadness this year and one of the hardest times for me was when my Grandma passed away in Jan.  She & I were very close & it was very hard to lose her.  But she has been sick for a while & I know she is in a better place & with my Grandpa now.  I miss her every day.  Christmas Eve was especially hard but I was blessed with a special gift from my aunt that made it easier.  She gave me 4 of my Grandma's Christmas ornaments for my tree. 

Finally one of the biggest changes for me personally has been the switch to a healthier lifestyle.  I started on this path last year, then I got pregnant & took a right turn off it.  Thankfully I didn't get too far off the path & came right back to it this year.  As soon as Zak was old enough, I started going back to the gym.  I also trained for & finished my first 1/2 marathon.  Adrian & I changed our eating habits & we have both lost a lot of weight & are feeling great.  We will continue to improve in 2013!

Well that's a brief look at my year.  Obviously another small change was that I started this blog.  I'm really enjoying writing it & I hope you all are enjoying reading it.  

I wish you all a very Happy New Year!!

Jones Family - 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment