Thursday, January 28, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 1/24 - 1/30)

We had another great week last week sticking to our meal plan even though there were multiple days that I didn't want to cook! My potluck on Saturday was cancelled, so we all just had leftovers that night and I will be bumping the dip recipes to future weeks. I also added in making my own granola bars using up some of the things we have from school lunches and also making sure I have iron rich options for breakfast. I was finally able to get in to have blood work done and my iron is slowly creeping back up which is good! I will continue to follow an iron rich diet and take the supplements in hopes of keeping it on the right track. I'm also starting tests next week to figure out why this happened and how to prevent it in the future. Our meals were all great last week, we enjoyed everything and barely had any leftovers from our dinners! Here are a few of the picture highlights.
This week we have been off all week since I had Zumba training on Sunday and didn't get all of my prep work done for the week. I also subbed in the school for a few hours and had a ton of errands to take care of this week. I've felt like I'm behind all week, as is apparent from the fact that this post is so late in the week. I did meal plan over the weekend and got all of my grocery shopping done on Tuesday. I almost didn't write this post but once again we've had some good food already this week so I wanted to share the recipes. I'm also starting to add a little bit more exercise into my weeks. This week I'm planning to do our new stepper machine everyday for at least 5 minutes in addition to my walks with Adrian and Rocky. Next week I hope to add some seated weight exercises.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled London Broil and Air Fried Potatoes
Monday - Olive Garden Sheet Pan Chicken - I used mushrooms and broccoli that I had in the fridge for my vegetables. This was delicious!!
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Burrito Zucchini Boats for the adults
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs with Parmesan Brussels Sprouts for the adults and Marco's Pizza for the boys
Friday - Pasta for the boys and Spaghetti Squash for the adults with meatballs
Saturday - Out to Carrabba's for dinner to use a gift card we've had for months!

Water Flavor - Citrus. I found a lemon in my fridge so I used that with some oranges for my water. I am finally starting to make a dent in the oranges!!

Baking - This week I'm making chocolate cake and blueberry pancakes, but both will be from the box. We're also have croissants for breakfast on Saturday but those will be store bought because I have no idea how to make them. We have a lot of baked goods to eat so I'm not really doing any baking this week, hoping to catch up on what we already have in the house. I'm going to make the 7 Layer Mexican dip I planned to make last week for this weekend because I have a lot of avocados I need to use up. We'll snack on it around going out on Saturday and then have it for snacks during the week as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment