Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 1/3 - 1/9)

After a few weeks break, I am back to meal planning for the new year. I enjoyed my mental break of not really planning or cooking for the two weeks around Christmas and New Year's! We did some take out, lots of leftovers and very easy meals. I know it was good for my mind to take the break, but my body started to feel the effects of not eating well for that long. I am ready to be refocused on healthier eating and watching my portions starting this week. I have lofty weight loss goals and they will not happen if I don't get a better handle on my eating.

I'm trying to simplify my life in this new year and not have as much hanging over my head. Again, meal planning helps with that because I know exactly what I'm cooking and eating. I will try to continue to only do large grocery trips once each month, with small fill in trips the other weeks. Our plan was to eat some of the stuff in the freezer over break but we didn't really make that big of a dent in it so that will continue to be a focus in the new year. The boys will continue to get breakfasts and lunches from the school until the end of May so that will also be a focus in what we're eating.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftover Ribs from New Years Day
Monday - Spaghetti & Meatballs to celebrate Spaghetti Day. I'm also doing spaghetti squash for the adults.
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday! Ground beef for the boys and Shrimp for the adults
Wednesday - Ham & Bean Soup and Brussels Sprouts Salad
Thursday - Cilantro Lime Chicken and Quinoa
Friday - Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash
Saturday - Out to Carrabba's since we have to do returns near there and have a gift card to use

Water Flavor - Orange. I still have a lot of oranges from the school lunches so they will be in my water most weeks for the next month or so.

Baking - I'm not doing any baking this week because we still have a ton of cookies from Christmas plus a lot of granola bars from school breakfasts. I'm hoping to use up most (or all) of that this week and then maybe bake again next week. This also goes along with simplifying my week and I knew I had a lot going on this week, including tons of errands & Christmas returns on Monday which is normally the day I bake. 

I'm also going to start including my workout plan in this weekly blog. I'm hoping it will inspire others to get moving and also to help keep me accountable. I'm still figuring out exactly what will work for me and there are a few things up in the air, but this is my general plan for this week.
Sunday - 1 mile walk with Rocky and Adrian
Monday - Teach Zumba class
Tuesday - 20 minute YouTube video and 1 mile walk with Rocky and Adrian
Wednesday - 30 Day Shred Day 1 and 1 mile walk with Rocky and Adrian
Thursday - Teach Zumba class
Friday - 30 Day Shred Day 2 and 1 mile walk with Rocky and Adrian
Saturday - Either walk a 5K or take a virtual Zumba class and 1 mile walk with Rocky and Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment