Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 1/17 - 1/23)

We had another great week and while I juggled some things around, I stuck to last week's meal plan. I forgot that we had Marco's fundraiser night on Thursday last week, so we had tacos on Wednesday instead so the boys could enjoy the pizza on Thursday. Adrian and I resisted the pizza and did a great job of sticking to our healthy eating plan. We are continuing to eat and track calories 6 days each week and then taking one day off each week. It seems to be working for us so far, both physically and mentally since I get worn out cooking, tracking and washing dishes every single day! Here are a few picture highlights of our week, including my first try at healthy bagels which tasted good but did not rise.

This week we will continue to try to eat healthy and fairly easy since I'm still not 100% back to my normal strength. I did a Kroger grocery pick up last week and they accidentally gave me someone else's food. They corrected it and I got my correct order, but since they can't take the food back, we ended up with some extra (free) stuff this week, including Panera broccoli cheddar soup. I'm also still focusing on eating a high iron diet, although I didn't end up with any red meat in the plan for this week. I'll focus more on greens, beans and other proteins for the iron this week. 

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Appetizers including Air Fried Chicken Wings
Monday - Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Chopped Salad
Tuesday - Tacos! Beef for the kids and Chicken Fajita for the adults
Wednesday - Kielbasa Tortellini Soup for the adults, pasta for the kids
Thursday - Instant Pot Mac and Cheese and Chopped Salad 
Friday - Garlic Butter Shrimp over Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
Saturday - Leftovers for the boys, I'm going to a potluck with girlfriends. See below for what I'm making

Water Flavor - Orange again. I did buy mango last week and almost put that in my water, but I will use that for snacks and smoothies instead and stick with the oranges for my water.

Baking - I have an open can of pumpkin that I need to use so I'm making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars for breakfasts this week. I'm also making blonde brownies on Friday to celebrate that holiday. Finally for my potluck dinner with my friends, I am making two iron rich dips for our baked potato bar. I'm making spinach and artichoke dip and 7 Mexican layer dip. I'm also going to make this punch since I'm not drinking wine right now until I get some more answers on what's going with my health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment