Monday, October 19, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 18 - Oct 24)


Our meals got shuffled around a bit last week due to some changes in our schedule. We ended up having leftovers one extra day and bumping one of the meals from last week to this week. This week is another super busy one, especially our weekend. I have a plan to use up some of our veggies and freezer things and I'm hoping I can stick to it. We are also really trying to eat healthy during the week since we are into the rough time of year when there are a lot of temptations around. Thankfully we are also fairly active with outside activities right now, but as the weather is getting colder we know that will be coming to an end soon.

This week is focused on easy meals since we have something every night. We are also shifting to some more comfort food with a lot of soups, squash and hearty meals. Over the winter I try to do soup at least once per week since it is a great way to warm up and get some veggies in since we don't have nearly as many fresh veggies around. We're also celebrating a few holidays this week so that is reflected in my meal plan and my baking.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Frozen Burritos and Mexican Chopped Salad after a busy day out
Monday - Tempora Shrimp and Air Fried Butternut Squash (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday! Beef Tacos for the boys and Chicken Fajitas for the adults
Wednesday - Nachos to celebrate Nacho Day! Beef for the boys and Egg Roll Nachos for the adults
Thursday - Harvest Vegetable Stew and Salads for the adults and Marcos Pizza for the boys for a school fundraiser 
Friday - Air Fryer Salmon and Green Bean Salad
Saturday - Leftovers/Freezer Food or out. We are heading out for the day so if we're not home in time for dinner, we'll grab something on the road.

Water Flavor - I think I'm skipping this week. We were so busy this past weekend that I am behind on multiple things around the house. It's late Monday as I write this and I just don't think it's worth it to set it up now, especially since the pitcher isn't emptied from last week. I'll be back again next week!

Baking - I made chocolate cupcakes with green icing over the weekend for chocolate cupcake day. I will also be making banana bread this week for breakfasts. And Thursday is eat a pretzel day and I'm seriously considering baking our own pretzels to celebrate this holiday. I'll report back if we decide to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment