Sunday, October 4, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 4 - Oct 10)

We did OK sticking with last week's meal plan, which was pretty easy since it was a very simple plan. We did hit a bit of a snag on Tuesday when our slow cooked pork wasn't done when it should have been so we couldn't have tacos before we had to leave for our date night. Instead we cooked it longer while we went out and did our wine tasting and got tacos at Condado for dinner. It worked out OK and now we have a lot of leftover pork for this week. Since the tacos didn't happen on Tuesday, we had them on Thursday instead and I bumped the other meal with the pork to this week.

This week is super busy for us again. We have some extra appointments, I'm working a little more and AJ is finishing up a tough merit badge for Scouts. I'm still trying to just use up everything that we have in the fridge and freezer and not shop much so hopefully that will make this a somewhat easier week. I have a lot of veggies to use up so you'll see that in our meal plan this week. I also stuck with easy meals, it seems to be working for us so I'm going to stick with it.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers and Freezer Food (lunches from the school)
Monday - Butternut Squash Soup and Air Fried Cauliflower
Tuesday - Pasta for the boys, Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp for the adults (it's noodle day!) and Green Bean Salad
Wednesday - Vegetable Soup and Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
Thursday - Marco's Pizza for the boys and Caprese Chicken Skillet for the adults and pierogies for all since it's national pierogi day!
Friday - Pork & Potato Bowls (carryover from last week)
Saturday - Leftovers and Freezer Food (lunches from the school)

Water Flavor - Peach again. It was delicious last week and I have a few more peaches to use up. The peaches give the water a very nice sweet flavor, I love it!

Baking - I made cinnamon rolls on Sunday for national cinnamon roll day. They were easier this time than last time, but they didn't rise right and were just OK. The boys really liked them though so I guess I'll make them again. I'm also making cranberry applesauce muffins to use up some of the applesauce we got from the school.

Other - The only other thing I'm making this week is a roasted eggplant salad for lunches. I don't have a recipe, just roast eggplant and chick peas together, then add tomato, mozzerella and balsamic vinegar. Then when I eat a serving, I add avocado to it. It's so good and very filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment