Friday, April 12, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/5 - 4/11)

Friday (4/5) We survived another week!  I had a horrible time getting up this morning, but I finally dragged myself out of bed.  Adrian and AJ headed out to work and school while I got ready for a full day of subbing.  I got myself and the other two boys ready and we somehow were actually early.  And then I went to grab my keys and they weren't where I left them.  Adrian had accidentally taken them to work!  I was so angry!  And my spare wouldn't work to start the car either.  So we grabbed our stuff and some umbrellas and walked to school in the rain.  We were not happy about it!
While I was at school, I also got locked out of the school because my FOB didn't work and then one of my students accidentally closed the classroom door and we were locked out of there.  It clearly was not my day for keys!  Thankfully I was able to problem solve all of these situations and survived the day unscathed.  But by the time we got home, I was exhausted!  I rested for a bit while the boys played some video games and then I pulled dinner together.  I headed out to my Scout committee meeting and thankfully we laughed a lot and also got a lot done.  When I got home, I helped put the boys to bed, then Adrian and I finished cleaning up the kitchen.  We were going to watch "Bohemian Rhapsody" but we were both just too tired.  So we watched two comedies, had our snacks and then headed to bed.

Saturday (4/6) Today started much earlier than I wanted it to when my alarm went off for Zumba.  But I got up and got ready and had a great class of 11 ladies, including one of my old students from a gym I'm no longer teaching at.  I was SO excited to see her!  While I was at class, Adrian took Daniel and Zak to their first soccer games of the season.  They both lost unfortunately but they had fun playing.  When they got home, they had some free time while Adrian and I got a few things done around the house.
We had a bit of a scare this evening when Zak was walking funny again and complaining that his groin felt funny.  We had him rest for a while and then decided to go down and have an ultrasound done.  Everything looked fine and he was released quickly, but it was another scary few hours tonight.  We had to miss our planned Superhero family party at the YMCA but it was the right decision.  When Adrian was at the hospital with Zak, I stayed home with the other two boys and got a few more things done around the house.  Then we had a movie night and watched "Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse."  It was really good, way different than we all were expecting!  We really enjoyed it!  As soon as the movie ended, Zak and Adrian got home.  So the boys watched one more show together and then we got them down to bed.  We watched the end of the basketball game, a few comedies and headed to bed.  Hoping Zak is feeling OK tomorrow morning!

Sunday (4/7) We all slept in this morning and it was amazing!  We had a lazy morning at home and then got a bunch of stuff done around the house before heading out to the movies this afternoon to finally see "Captain Marvel."  It was SO good!!  Most of us loved it, Zak got kind of bored in the middle, but thankfully we had an electronic for him to play on so we could watch the end of the movie.  He popped in and out watching it, which is fine with us.  We talked about how we wouldn't have taken the other boys to a movie like that when they were his age, it was pretty much animated or nothing, so we give him a little bit of leeway.

After the movie we came home and got to work on our to do lists.  The boys finished up their stuff and then headed upstairs to play video games.  They did a great job of cleaning up their rooms & their game loft, it had gotten out of control recently.  The rest of the day passed quickly and before long it was time for a quick dinner.  Then we worked a little longer and got the boys thru their night routine and down for bed.  After they were asleep, we got snacks and watched a few comedies before heading to bed too.  It's our last Sunday watching TV together for a bit since Game of Thrones comes back next week and I don't watch it with Adrian.
Monday (4/8) Another week starts - but only 7 more weeks of school until summer break!  Adrian got up and got AJ ready and then dropped him off at school and headed to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school and then headed out to do some grocery shopping.  I had a rare day off so I spent the day doing a ton of stuff around the house and finished just about everything that I wanted to get done.  The day passed super quickly and before I knew it, it was time to pick up the boys.  As soon as they got home, they headed outside to play for pretty much the entire afternoon.
They were made when I made them come in for dinner and homework but we had to get it done before our night activities.  They finished what they needed to do and headed back out to play for a few more minutes before Daniel and Zak had to leave with me to head to the church for Zumba.  They hung out in childcare while I taught an OK class, it wasn't my best, I just felt really tired and sluggish tonight, not sure why.  While we were there, Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down for the night.  Adrian and I finished up a few things downstairs and then we watched the NCAA basketball championship game while sneaking a comedy in during half time.  I went to bed before the game was over but Adrian decided to stay up for the end.  I need some sleep to survive this week!

Tuesday (4/9) We got up and moving pretty quickly this morning and got everyone out on time.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and then came back home for the day because he wasn't feeling well.  I dropped off Daniel and Zak at school and headed to the Harcum Center to teach two of my Silver Sneakers classes.  After the two morning classes, I headed over to pick up Zak for his follow up appointment at Children's for his infection from a few weeks ago. After another ultrasound, the doctor said everything looks great, is working as it should and there should be no lingering effects from the infection.  After taking pictures with every animal in the hospital, we headed home for the afternoon.
When we got home, it was time to pick up Daniel from school so I walked up to do that.  Thankfully Adrian was feeling better after a day of rest.  We got the boys thru homework and dinner and then headed out with Daniel for soccer practice.  Adrian and I dropped him off and then headed to Costco for a stock up trip.  After we were done shopping, we picked up Daniel and all headed home.  We got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  Then we finished cleaning up, got our snacks and watched a few comedies before heading to bed as well.

Wednesday (4/10) Again we got up and moving pretty quickly and thankfully everyone was feeling OK and was able to go where they were supposed to go.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and then headed into work for the day.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and then we all headed into school together because I was volunteering on Zak's field trip today!  We quickly boarded the buses and headed to Slate Run farm in Canal Winchester.  We had a beautiful day and so much fun on the farm and on a picnic lunch!
While at the farm, we learned all about how farms were run in the 1800's.  We saw a ton of animals including chickens, sheep, baby lambs, cows, horses, pigs, baby piglets and lots of different birds.  Zak and I got to pet the baby lamb, a few pigs and a few horses.  Zak also got to feed the pigs corn cobs.  He really enjoyed learning about the animals and exploring the barn.  We also headed inside the house on the farm that is set up like a house back then would have been.  We learned about how they cooked and ate, how they did laundry and other chores and what they did for fun.  It was really interesting for both the kids and the adults that were on the trip!  Zak had a great time and wants to go back as a family this summer.
After we got back to the school from the field trip, I signed Zak out for the day and we went and ran two quick errands before heading home for the day.  I walked up to pick up Daniel and then we had a rare night off with nothing outside of the house to do.  I was exhausted from the field trip so we didn't do much tonight.  The boys played outside for a bit, finished their homework and then I let them have video games for a little bit.  I got as much done around the house as I could, made leftovers for everyone for dinner and got the boys down to bed a littler early since they were tired and AJ starts AIR testing tomorrow.  Adrian was at his Bible study tonight and didn't get home until after the boys were in bed for the night.  He and I finished up a few things around the house then sat down and watched tonight's "Survivor."  We were shocked at the tribal counsel tonight - SO good!!

Thursday (4/11) After a few days off our normal schedule, we were back to normal today.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school for his first day of testing and then headed to work for the day.  I got the rest of us ready and dropped the boys off at school before heading to Harcum to teach my three classes for the day.  I had three great classes and got a bunch of stuff done in between the two classes on my lunch break.  While the boys were at school, Daniel and Zak both had their quarterly awards assembly.  Daniel got an award for straight A's for the 3rd quarter and Zak should have got an award for perfect attendance (not sure why he didn't).  AJ also got straight A's last quarter, but he hasn't gotten his certificate either.  We're very proud of how well the boys have been doing this year!!
After I was done teaching my classes, I ran a few errands and got home just in time to pick everyone up from school.  It was a gorgeous day so I walked to pick up Daniel and Zak and when we got home, all three boys headed to the yard to play.  After a while, I called them in to finish their homework for the day and have dinner.  Then we got ready for our night stuff.  Adrian took Zak and Daniel to their soccer practices while I headed out to church to teach my Zumba class.  We had an usually small class but still had a great time!  When we all got home, we cleaned up and got the boys thru their night time routine and down for bed.  Then Adrian and I got our snacks and watched a few comedies before heading to bed.  I am always so tired after my full day on Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment