Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 1/21 - 1/27)

So this week, not so great.  As I suspected last week, this weekend really did me in.  I'm not sure what happened on Friday, I had a bunch of plans to do a few 10-15 minute workouts throughout the day.  But I just didn't feel like it.  I decided to listen to my body & take a rest day (that's the one good decision I made).  Then I started eating. All. The. Things.  I don't know where that came from, but it happens.  I got back on track on Saturday (YAY!) and then Sunday we were all over the city so eating was pretty bad.

All things considered it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.  I am proud that I stuck to my meal plan and made healthy dinners each night.  And I didn't throw away the whole weekend, as I've done SO many times in the past, since I got back on track on Saturday.  Finally, I do think my body needed the rest day on Friday, I'm glad I listened and took it.

Here's the quick rundown of my week:
Wednesday, 1/21 - Taught 2 Zumba classes
Thursday, 1/22 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did a 10 minute arm workout from YouTube
Friday, 1/23 - REST!
Saturday, 1/24 - Practices Zumba for 10 minutes, Did a 10 minute kick boxing DVD
Sunday, 1/25 - Walked around downtown with the family for over 4 hours
Monday, 1/26 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did a 10 minute ab workout from YouTube
Tuesday, 1/27 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did 15 minutes of Total Body Conditioning Class

And a quick update on my weekly goals:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week.  I taught 6 again this week, had to cancel Mon morning for bad weather
 2.  Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week.  Fail this week.  I didn't get to any other classes other than the first circuit of TBC on Tuesday.
3.  Do at least 10 minutes of strength training at home 5 days each week.  Fail this week.  Only did 4 days.  Not horrible but I should have done something on Friday.
4.  Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week.  Fail again.  I had to miss PiYo since I didn't have a car on Fri.  I planned to do videos but it didn't happen.
5.  Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar.  I'm still up to date on the squat and pushup challenge they are hosting this month.  Feeling it now!!
6.  Make the changes in the year long challenge called A Year of Small Changes.  Last week our challenge was to get active.  I think I did pretty good with this one, even Friday I did a ton of cleaning and went up and down the stairs more times than I had to.  I am continuing to work on my sleep from 2 weeks ago.  The past week has been really good.  I'm going to bed by 11:00pm every night & getting up between 6:00 and 6:30.  Very proud of the progress I'm making in this area.  This week the challenge is to track my food.  I do this pretty much every day so not one I need to work on.

Finally, my weigh in:
1/21 - 218
1/28 - 218
Change for the week - maintain
Change for the year - down 7 lbs of the 52 lbs I'm trying to lose


I will take it!  I didn't do great and the scale didn't move.  I am hoping this doesn't become a trend but Feb is a very hard month for me.  This weekend I have a party on Sat then Superbowl on Sun.  Then the next two weekends we celebrate Zak's, Daniel's and Isabelle's birthdays.  That's a lot of cake!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment