Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 4/4 - 4/10)

I decided to take a week off from meal planning last week since I pretty much took the week off from cooking. Since it was spring break for the boys and the week between my birthday and Easter, plus we redid our kitchen this past weekend, we mostly had leftovers or take out. Adrian made pizza last Sunday for my birthday and I made tacos on Tuesday for all of us, but other than that, I didn't cook until Easter Sunday. We enjoyed Chipotle burritos and Jersey Mikes subs this past week in addition to a ton of leftovers. It was nice to take a break for a week, but my waistline is ready for healthier eating for sure! Here are a few picture highlights of our past 2 weeks in food:
I made a trip to Costco last week to stock up our meat freezer again so I am trying not to shop at all in April. We also have a ton of meals from the school lunches, nearly a whole freezer full, so we'll be having leftovers once per week (at least!) and I'll be trying to figure out creative ways to use up what we have. Adrian and I are back to healthy eating for most days of the next two months so I can try to lose as much weight as possible before having surgery at the end of May. Some of those lunches are very healthy, so I plan to bulk them up with a lot of vegetables. I'm hoping to do very little shopping the next few months and try to use up what we have before our huge vacation in July. Our CSA will also start again in May so we'll have a ton of fresh produce in the house all summer. I can't wait to cook with that again!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Easter Breakfast - Our traditional Polish breakfast with hard boiled eggs, kielbasa, bobka, farmer cheese, rye bread and butter. Delicious!!
Sunday - Easter Dinner - Pasta Alfredo and Garlic Bread with an ice cream sundae bar for dessert (we decided to go easy and do what the kids like too)
Monday - Chicken Marsala and Sweet Potato Fries
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Mango Salsa Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole for the adults
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Frozen Burritos from School baked with Enchilada Sauce and Cheese with Empanadas 
Friday - Pork Fried Rice and Frozen Egg Rolls
Saturday - Out to my brother's for a late Easter celebration! 

Water Flavor - I also took a week off from this to just make last week an easier week all around. This week I'm back to having orange water to use up the oranges from school lunches.

Baking - Last week I made a lemon chiffon cake (see picture above) to celebrate that holiday and it was delicious so I wanted to share that recipe here. I also baked bobka for our Easter breakfast so that will be the adults' breakfast for this week. I have some pumpkin I need to use up so I'm making pumpkin chocolate chip bars for the kids for breakfast as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment