Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 29 - Dec 5)

I shared last week that I was planning to cook most of the days last week. I cooked Sunday and Monday and then I spent all day Tuesday shopping and came home exhuasted. So we scrapped the rest of the dinner plans for the week. Adrian made us all tacos on Tuesday and Wednesday we had leftovers to clean out the fridge for Thanksgiving leftovers. Our dinner on Thursday was delicious, everything came out great and we enjoyed it all. Other than turkey, we didn't have that much leftover so while it did feed us for the weekend, we don't really have anything coming into this week which is a nice change from previous years. I have two turkey recipes on the menu this week that should finish up the bird and then we'll be ready to move on to Christmas celebrations!

This year the month of December is going to be a weird mix of holiday fun (mostly at home or drive thru) and hard work because school is picking up for the boys and work is super busy for Adrian. I am taking the month off from teaching Zumba since COVID has forced me into virtual classes again and most of my students are super busy this time of year. It will be nice to have the extra time, especially in the evenings, but I will miss dancing with my friends! I will probably be doing more cooking than I usually do in the month of December since we will be home so much of the month. I will also be trying to not do any grocery shopping again until Christmas. We did a great job with this in November and chipped away at some of our stockpile. I went to Costco last week to stock us up on meat for the next few months so it should be easy to stay out of the stores for most of this month.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers/frozen meals
Monday - Thanksgiving Casserole with Roasted Cauliflower 
Tuesday - Tacos! Ground beef for the boys and shrimp for the adults
Wednesday - Cabbage Jambalaya with Air Fried Brussels Sprouts - carryover from last week
Thursday - Butternut Pear Soup with Green Bean Casserole - soup is a carryover from last week and the casserole is for our daily holiday
Saturday - London Broil on the grill with roasted beets & potatoes

Water Flavor - Apple. I found an apple that had a big bruise on it that no one wanted to eat so I used that and half of Daniel's apple from dinner Monday night to set up the water for this week. I love the way it tastes, the apples are honeycrisp and are super sweet!

Baking - I am hoping to do a lot of baking this week, but so far I am running low on time and energy. I didn't get to the mint brownies last week so those are on the top of my list this week. I also want to make this snickerdoodle bread for breakfasts.  There are a few holidays this week that I am baking for including chocolate mousse for Monday, cookies (sugar cookies our elf will bring) on Friday and ninja-bread cookies on Saturday (our elf will bring the kit if it arrives from Target on time). It's going to be a fun and busy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment