Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Dec 6 - Dec 12)

We did a good job again of sticking to our meal plan last week. On Saturday we decided to do an at home date night since we were picking up donuts and beer for dessert from a local business. We also decided to order dinner from Piada and push the planned meal to Sunday instead. It worked out great and I really enjoyed a night off from cooking. As we are getting closer to Christmas I am getting more overwhelmed with holiday stuff and less focused on cooking and healthy eating. I forsee lots of easy meals and take out on the menu for the next few weeks and I'm OK with all of that. I will probably only do one more meal plan post for the year next week and then take a break for the holidays. I'm not sure if I'll continue these in the new year or not, I'm trying to figure out what works best for me.

This week is a mix of things including trying to clean out our refrigerators and take on a few new responsiblities. I am out of fresh produce from our CSA except for a few squash, some of which I'm using this week and the rest I'm hoping to leave until early next year to eat. I did a Costco run right before Thanksgiving so that stocked us up on meats and a few other pantry staples. I'm once again trying to only shop once per month and continue to do this into the new year. It's really hard to get any time to grocery shop, even with the pick up services at most of the stores I shop at. I'm thankful for the school lunch program as well as that is filling in a few holes in our diet as well.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled London Broil and Roasted Sweets & Beets
Monday - Leftovers (I'm going out to run errands tonight so I'm making it easy)
Tuesday - Tacos! Beef for the boys and chicken for the adults
Wednesday - Ricotta Pasta
Thursday - Marco's Pizza - it's fundraiser night again and we have a coupon to use
Friday - Butterkin Squash Pasta
Saturday - Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash - this may get bumped to tomorrow, I'm not sure what our weekend plans are yet

Water Flavor - I'm back to using oranges in my water this week. I love the citrus flavor in my water! Sometimes I also add a drop of spearmint essential oil to the orange flavored water for a little extra flavor.

Baking - I'm actually taking the week off from baking. We have a good chunk of cookies in the house from last week plus our elf is bringing some goodies for the boys this week. I'll probably start my Christmas baking next week so I think a week off to catch up is probably a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment