Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 13 - Sept 19)

 

We did great keeping up with our meal plan last week except for Friday. Our plans changed for that day during the week and we had a fridge full of food so I decided to keep it easy and just have leftovers that night. I seem to run out of steam most weeks by Friday so for now every week we will have leftovers, or a super simple meal, on Fridays. This week is also up in the air right now so I'm planning the best I can right now, but it may have to change as the week goes on. AJ and I are supposed to go camping this weekend, but there aren't many of us going so we may postpone until another weekend. We'll find out Monday night if we are going or not. We have plan A (camping) and plan B (not camping) going right now which makes it a little more difficult to plan, but we'll figure it out.

I am also having a tough time finding time to workout with our new schedule. So I have decided to really focus on eating healthy right now to try to lose weight. I'm hoping to eventually figure out times to workout but it's just too crazy right now. I will still teach my class 3 times each week and walk with Rocky once or twice everyday which is enough for right now. I plan to eat healthy and track my calories 6 days each week and then take a day to rest. That may be a little harder this week since meals may be out of my hands this weekend if I go camping. But I also assume I'll be more active if I go so it should all balance out. 

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Wings in the air fryer with Adrian's homemade sauce
Monday - Pork with Apples and Cabbage and Air Fryer Radish - for real this time! This has been bumped from our menu the past two weeks but I am definitely making it this week!
Tuesday - Nacho Casserole which hopefully everyone will try. If not, there are leftover tacos for the boys
Wednesday - Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry over Cauliflower Rice
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Cheeseburgers because it's National Cheeseburger Day! We will have them for lunch if we are camping and dinner if we are not camping
Saturday - Leftovers if we are camping, Sandwiches and Salads if we are not

Water Flavor - I'm using oranges for this week. I think I'll be having this a lot over the next few weeks. We signed up for free food from our school district and we'll probably get oranges most weeks. No one eats them so I'll use them in my water for now.

Baking - We got donuts to start the week because Monday is creme filled donut day! We also still have brownies and chocolate chip bars from last week so the boys are pretty set on baked goods. I will be making chocolate salted caramel bread using one of my Amish friendship bread starts for Adrian and I.

Other - This is a pretty easy week for me since most of the holidays are easy to prep for. The only one I have to cook extra for is Wednesday which is guacamole day. I'll be make my favorite recipe that day and I think we'll have it for a snack. I tried to convince the boys to wait and have tacos that day but they are afraid they won't like it and don't want to ruin taco Tuesday with it. Also, our last batch of banana peppers came out so good that we've decided to do them again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment