Monday, April 23, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 22 - April 28)

Last week went by in a blur and this week will be more of the same.  We are super busy right now with soccer, end of the year stuff and work.  Adrian is coming into his busy season and I have been trying to sub as much as I possibly can since I'll be off from subbing all summer.  I'll also be cutting back on my group fitness classes so we are hoping to build up a nice savings account before the end of May to get us thru the three months of summer.  We pretty much stuck to our meal plan last week with only one meal not getting made.  Friday night we were all exhausted and had soccer practice so I made pasta instead and bumped the frittata to this week.

We have something going on every night this week but I am trying really hard to continue eating healthy.  I am also focusing on what I already have in the house to keep our grocery bill down.  We have a bunch of broccoli, cabbage, zucchini and lettuce in the house so we'll be using those as a base for all of our meals this week.  We have a lot of fruit and veggies on the verge of turning so we'll be eating that as quickly as possible too.  I'm looking forward to summer weather and lower prices for fruits and veggies!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Sausage & Pepper Frittata (with mushrooms instead of onions)
Monday - Leftovers (we have soccer & Scouts tonight)
Tuesday - Baked Ziti and Salad (I'm making 2 batches, one for us and one for a friend recovering from surgery)
Wednesday - Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry over Rice
Thursday - Sausage Zucchini & Spinach Pasta
Friday - Turkey Cabbage Stew
Saturday - Steak & Corn on the Cob on the grill (I'll be out all day so Adrian will be in charge of dinner)

Water Flavor - Cucumber Mint.  One of my favorites!

Overnight Oats - I'm using my normal recipe to make a few batches for the week.  I'll make two peanut butter with chocolate chips, two chocolate with butterscotch chips and two with the flavored yogurt from International Delight (French Vanilla).  We have two servings left over from last week so that should get us thru the week.

Use It Up - I'm using up all of the fruits and veggies we have this week as well as trying to use up our leftovers.  We have consistently overcooked and have a shelf full of leftovers.  I'm thankful for it but I don't want anything to go bad before we have a chance to eat it.

Lunches - We'll be having salads and leftovers all week.  I have some taco meat leftover from last week so I'll be using that in the salads as well.  I also still have a few hard boiled eggs from Easter that I'm hoping to finish up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment