Thursday, January 16, 2014

Weekly Workouts (1/8-1/14)

So over the weekend I talked about how last week the boys had a case of the "don'twannas."  Well, I wouldn't be entirely honest to say it was only them.  Saturday morning I got up & got dressed to go meet my Marathoners in Training (MIT) group for a 5 mile training walk.  And I DIDN'T wanna.  I had no problem getting up & getting dressed, but the thought of getting out & walking was making my miserable.  I tried to convince myself to go.  I knew once I got out there I would have fun.  Then I opened the door to go start the car and it was pouring.  I hate walking in the rain.  So I flaked and curled up on the couch with my coffee and my boys.

I had some a lot of guilt over missing the walk.  But there is still 4 months left until the race.  That's a lot of miles & long walks left.  And I am pretty confident that I can easily walk a 10K (about 6 miles) without any training right now.  Last summer I did a 10 mile race with very little training (I don't recommend this, it wasn't pretty).  I am now OK with missing the walk.  I know I will be ready for the CapCity Half Marathon in May.

However, the worst part about deciding to skip my workout was how the day ended up going.  I decided I was pretty tired & worn out so I would take a rest day.  Then I was cleaning out the pantry & found a ton of candy.  There is now less candy.  And then there was pizza for dinner.  And the whole day was an unhealthy one.  Sigh.  I was hoping to make it the whole month of Jan without "cheating" but that didn't happen.  I still had a really good week & saw a very nice loss so all in all I'm happy.

Here's how my week looked:
Wednesday, 1/8 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, walked 1 mile
Thursday, 1/9 - Taught a one hour Zumba class (am), Taught a one hour Zumba class (pm), walked 1.1 mile
Friday, 1/10 - Walked 2.2 miles, Biked for 15 minutes, Did elliptical for 15 minutes
Saturday, 1/11 - Rest Day
Sunday, 1/12 - Took an hour Zumba class
Monday, 1/13 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, walked 1.3 miles, took a 45 minute Barre class
Tuesday, 1/14 - Walked 3.1 miles, Elliptical for 20 minutes, biked for 20 minutes

Weigh in:
1/8 weight - 218
1/15 weight - 215
Down 3 pounds this week, yay!!  My first goal of the year was to lose 5% of my weight, which I will accomplish in just 2 lbs.  Hoping for that next week.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment