Sunday, May 17, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 17 - May 23)

We had another pretty good week following our meal plan last week until Friday night. I'm not sure what keeps happening but I really run out of steam on Fridays and just don't feel like doing anything, especially cooking dinner. So this past Friday we had frozen pizza and bumped our planned meal to this week. Tomorrow we are starting to get back to a little more healthy eating because our waist lines are really out of control. There will be 6 days of healthy eating and one cheat day, the same as we were doing earlier this year. That seems to work best for us and will allow us to indulge once in a while.

This week officially kicks off summer break for the boys so I will have lots more free time during the week now that I don't have to worry about school work for any of them. We are still planning on doing some fun activities together that will take some of our time, but not nearly as much as we were doing. We are also going to try to support some of the local businesses and get out of the house a little bit by going out for either donuts or ice cream each week. I'll try to share where we're going each week on these posts too.

I'm going shopping this week and will be doing a Costco run next week in hopes of stocking us up for a while. Next week our CSA deliveries will start up again for this season and I can't wait to have fresh fruits and veggies delivered to our door again! Our deliveries will come on Fridays and I will figure out our meals for the week over the weekend, and write our weekly meal plan around the seasonal produce we receive. We'll hopefully be able to do this every week until early November which will significantly reduce my trips to the grocery store and our bill when I go.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers and frozen food
Monday - Chili Mac with salad
Tuesday - Shrimp Fajitas for the adults and Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Pasta Skillet with salad
Thursday - Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Sauted Zucchini
Friday - Squash and Tomato Frittata with Grapefruit and English Muffins
Saturday - Leftovers or sandwiches (cheat day). I'm going to a friend's house for drinks and snacks this night so I'll just be eating light before I head out for a few hours.

Water Flavor:
I have three more pears to use up so I'll be using them this week for my water flavor. It was so good this week, I need to remember this for the summer when pears are in season!

Baking this Week:
Amish Friendship Bread - I have taken care of another start and will be ready to bake more bread on Monday. I will again give away 3 starts and keep the last one that I will bake next week. I'm going to keep doing this until I give starts to all of the people on my list, or the boys get sick of eating the bread.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread - The boys keep asking for this for breakfast and I never made it last week so I'll be making it this week for sure!
Buckeye Bark - This popped up on my Facebook feed this week and it looks easy and delicious. I'll make it and bring some to my girls night out on Saturday and Adrian and I will enjoy the rest here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment