Sunday, May 19, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 19 - May 25)

I accidentally took another week off from meal planning.  Well I actually didn't take the week off from planning, just took the week off from the blog.  We were SO busy last weekend celebrating Adrian's birthday and Mother's Day that I only did the things I absolutely HAD to do and this blog just didn't make the cut.  But we had a few great meals last week including this soup and this tilapia over spaghetti squash.

This week is another weird week for us.  Honestly this whole month has been weird for us with lots of celebrations, being off our schedule and busy nights.  This is our last week of school and most of our activities so I'd like to think that things are going to calm down.  However we have a lot of fun things planned for this summer so I'm sure some days dinner will be a challenge.  We joined a CSA this summer and our deliveries start this Friday so we'll have lots of fresh produce to eat.  I'll be cooking around what we get and am planning on lots of salads, sandwiches and pasta on the super busy nights.  I'm so excited to do a CSA again!  We did one a few years ago and had fun experimenting with different vegetables all summer.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Turkey Reubens & Salads
Monday - Sausage Zucchini Pasta
Tuesday - Pot Luck for Zak's Scout award ceremony.  I'm bringing meatballs
Wednesday - Ginger Fish with Cauliflower Risotto 
Thursday - Paprika Chicken & Potatoes
Friday - Frozen apps, leftovers or sandwiches - something easy to celebrate the last day of school!
Saturday - Homemade Pizza during a family game day!

Water Flavor - I got another cheap mango since they are in season so I set up my water with that again this week.  It's so good, I could just use it all year round!

Overnight Oats - I've been eating a few other things for breakfast including protein bars or a hard boiled egg and some fruit.  I have plain oats that I set up last week so I'll be eating those this week.

Use it Up - I have really gotten away from this challenge and will be refocusing after this week.  I am using up some lettuce that needs to be used before it goes bad and a few hard boiled eggs as well.  And I'm using some meatballs that I had in the freezer for Tuesday night, that's how I decided what to bring.

Lunches - I honestly haven't thought about lunches.  I will probably have salads most days so I can use up the lettuce & hard boiled eggs.  On Friday, Adrian has the day off so we are going out to breakfast to celebrate our anniversary a little early.  And on Saturday I may have him cook the pizzas for lunch and then we can finish them for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment