Friday, May 25, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/18 - 5/24)

Friday (5/18) Today did not start as planned when Adrian came upstairs to let me know that he had been up sick all night and would be going back to bed and calling out of work.  So I got AJ up and out to school and then got the other three of us ready for work and school.  I was subbing a full day so I went in with the other boys for the day.  We were a little late but we did OK and I had a great class to start the day.  After a long and tiring day at school, we came home to check on Adrian and see what our plan for the weekend was.

Adrian was still not feeling well.  AJ decided he wouldn't go on his Boy Scout camp out this weekend since Adrian couldn't go with him.  So we settled in for a relaxing Friday night at home.  They boys played video games and watched the new "Teen Titans Go!" and didn't do a whole lot else.  I tried to catch up on stuff from the week while taking care of everyone and also trying to relax a little.  Adrian has been resting a lot today so I am hoping he feels better in the morning.  After everyone was in bed for the night, I treated myself to a dessert of cheesecake and wine because it has been that kind of week around here!
Saturday (5/19) We slept in a little this morning and let Adrian sleep in late since he's still not feeling well.  The boys and I got ready to head to the soccer fields for a long day of soccer games.  Daniel started first with his first tournament game.  Thankfully Adrian was feeling OK to keep the other boys home with him so I went with just Daniel to the field.  After two delays for thunder and overtime, Daniel's team won their first game of the season!!  We were all SO excited for them!  They will play one more game for the championship later this week.
During Daniel's nearly three hour long game, Zak's team played their last game of the season.  They were able to sneak in about half of the game before it was called due to the weather.  The kids were just as happy to get their snacks and medals.  Zak joined me in cheering on Daniel's team to his win after his game was called.  Then Adrian came to pick up Zak and Daniel while I went to check in on AJ's team.  They played to a 1-1 tie in their first tournament game.  When his game was over, we had a slight break until his team plays again so we came home to eat, rest and re-hydrate.
After our brief rest, we headed back to the fields for the last game of the day.  AJ's team suffered a tough loss at the hands of a great looking team!  We got his game in just in time because two minutes after they shook hands, the sky opened up.  We got drenched running back to our car!  But we had fun and laughed about it because you just have to.  When we got home, I was exhausted from the long day.  I got a few things done but mostly relaxed and rested.  Adrian is still not feeling well so he was doing the same.  The boys had a lot of video game time while we chilled.  When the boys went to bed, we binge watched the last 3 episodes of "This is Us" from last season.  I cried a lot and loved everything about it!  It was a nice relaxing night after a super hectic day.
Sunday (5/20) We got to sleep in again today.  Adrian is feeling better but is still not 100%.  We decided to skip everything that wasn't essential for the day and relax as much as possible.  So we had a relaxing morning at home and then got AJ ready for his last soccer game of the season.  Adrian decided to take him since he missed all of the soccer yesterday.  They lost in a super close game and AJ played the best game of his two seasons of soccer.  He almost scored twice and he came home a sweaty mess from playing so hard.  He's also super excited to play again in the fall because he feels like he's getting better with the practice!
After soccer, Adrian rested while the boys played and I got stuff done around the house.  Then it was time for Martial Arts so I took the boys there.  They went thru everything they need to know for their belt test in a few weeks.  The boys are very excited to test for their next level!  They did a great job practicing and listening to the Sensai.  When we got home we enjoyed a delicious dinner of chocolate chip pancakes together and then the boys played while Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house.  Thankfully he's feeling better and we should be able to be back to our regular schedule starting tomorrow.  After we got the boys down for the night, we watched a few comedies and then headed to bed for the night.  It was an exhausting weekend!!

Monday (5/21) 5 more days of school!!  I was dragging after a horrible night of sleep but we got up and got AJ up and out to the bus on time.  Then Adrian headed to work and I got the other two boys ready for school.  After I dropped them off, I got a few things done around the house and then headed to the Y for my last Silver Sneakers class before we take a break for the summer.  After class I ran out to a market research meeting I had and did a quick study for a very nice compensation.

I came home after that and did a few things around the house and got dinner ready for tonight.  Then I picked up all of the boys from the bus and school.  Zak was super excited when I picked him up from school today.  He had his 4th quarter awards assembly today and he earned the character reward for his class for being responsible, respectful and safe this quarter.  We are very proud of him!!  He also got perfect attendance which is really an award for me for getting him there on time every day!!  And he told me that when they got back from special, the "pizza fairy" had visited and left them Marcos pizza and cheesy bread.  He said it was his best day ever!!

After school, we headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  We had a sweaty fun time dancing together as always.  Then we headed home to have dinner and get AJ ready for Boy Scouts.  He and Adrian headed to the park for their meeting tonight where they worked on maps and compasses.  While they were there, I stayed home with the other two boys and they played fantastically together in the play room while I got some stuff done.  It was a pretty great night!  When AJ got home, we got everyone ready for bed and then Adrian and I watched a few comedies and headed to bed.


Tuesday (5/22) 4 more days of school!! We got everyone up and out the door to school and work on time.  After I dropped everyone off to school, I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  Then I ran a few errands and headed to the new spa up the street for the pedicure that Adrian bought me for Mother's Day.  It was very relaxing to sit and be pampered and my toes look awesome!  Thanks to Adrian for the gift and the staff at Moxie Day Spa!
Unfortunately my pedicure took longer than I thought it would so I didn't have time to get anything else done before it was time to get everyone from school.  I came home to wait for AJ and the bus and then walked up to pick up the other boys.  For the first time in weeks (maybe months) we had nothing to do tonight and no homework or anything!  The boys relaxed, watched TV, played video games and played together.  I got a few things done around the house and also took some time to relax.  Adrian worked late and got home just in time to help with bedtime.  Then we watched a few comedies and headed to bed.

Wednesday (5/23) Three more days of school!!  Adrian was off this morning since it's Zak's kindergarten graduation so we got to sleep in a little bit.  He drive AJ to school and I was going to get the other two boys ready for school.  But Daniel woke up with pink eye.  So I got Zak ready, put Dan on the couch and got a call in to the doctor for the first available appointment today.  I dropped Zak off to school and then Adrian and I headed up to school for the graduation.

While it is not my favorite tradition, the program was very cute.  The kids all walked in with their class, sang three songs together and then got their certificate.  The songs were super cute and Zak did a great job and singing and doing all of the hand movements.  After the ceremony, we went back to his classroom for a few quick pictures and then we ran home because I wanted to check on Daniel.  He was fine while we were gone, just sat on the couch watching TV.


We all had a quick lunch and then headed to the doctor for Daniel's eyes.  He was officially diagnosed with pink eye and we went right to Meijer with his prescription for eye drops.  Then we ran to Aldi and Kroger to do our shopping for our upcoming camping trip.  I forgot how hard it is to shop with the boys and will definitely be limiting how often I do it this summer!  We quickly ran home to unload our groceries, pick up AJ, change our clothes and head out again to the Y for my Zumba class since I wasn't able to get a sub.

Daniel sat in my classroom so he didn't infect anyone else at the Y during my Zumba class.  I was dragging but we got thru the class and had a ton of fun as always.  When class was over, I felt like I could finally breathe since we were done for the day.  Adrian had Bible study so I was on my own with the boys.  They begged to play with water in the yard so I got them set up to do that while I cooked dinner and relaxed.  They had a blast playing in the hose and even insisted on eating dinner on the deck so they could play more after dinner.  Adrian got home in time for bed time and finishing clean up in the kitchen.  We started watching the "Survivor" finale but were just too tired to watch the whole thing tonight.

Thursday (5/24) Two more days of school!!  It was AJ's last morning on the bus and we nearly missed it when the bus showed up five minutes early.  But thankfully we made it and he got off to school on time.  Adrian headed out to work and I got the rest of us ready for our day.  I dropped the other boys off at school and headed to the Harcum Center for my two Silver Sneakers classes.  My students are amazing and they had me laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt by the end of the two classes.

After class, I headed back into the school for my last half day of subbing for the school year.  I was the gym teacher and the first two classes were scheduled to go out for their free Kona ice for the end of the school year.  So we took them out and I got to enjoy a Kona ice as well.  It was a pretty easy last day of subbing and I'm so excited to be back in the school starting again in the fall.  When the day was over I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home to meet up with AJ.  Everyone had a great, fun day at school!!
We all relaxed for a bit and then got ready for Daniel's championship soccer game.  We all headed to the field where we met Adrian after work.  It was a long, tough game that required an overtime and ended in a tough loss in a shoot out.  Daniel didn't play much but he said he was excited to just be on the sidelines cheering on his team.  It was an exciting game, I just wish it ended a little differently.  When we all got home, we took some time to relax and then put the boys to bed for their last day of school.  Adrian and I stayed up too late watching the "Survivor" finale.  We are excited that Wendall won but also think Dom should have won.  It was an exciting season and we enjoyed it!  We still have the reunion to watch, it was just too late for us to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment